Here is AUTO Connected Car News’ summary of the news of the week of 1/12/-1/18/2015. Monday January 19 is a holiday, Martin Luther King Day and we hope that you all have a dream that comes true.
New Connected Car Infotainment
- Clarion’s new flagship infotainment system is the NX605 with voice, Bluetooth, Google, apps, maps & more.
- Kenwood and JVC launched new infotainment systems with better Bluetooth, CarPlay, Android Auto, Siri Eyes Free & more.
Autonomous Driving News
- Auto supplier Bosch predicts highway pilot by 2020 and auto autonomous pilot 2025.
- Google crashed the Detroit self-driving car party and seems to want to join Detroit automakers.
- A new IBM study shows more personalized and autonomous cars in the future.
OBD Device News & Apps
- OBDII device Automatic now drives Nest Thermostat for less energy usage.
- erizon got into the OBD OnStar connected car act with Verizon Vehicle Vservice.
- The AT&T Drive Studio drives more apps, partners and hackathon connected car apps winners.
New Connected Car Models
- GM announced the new next generation Chevy Volt 2016 that extends the driving range with style.
- The Audi Q7 is packed with connected car tech: ADAS, CarPlay, Android Auto, tablet, LTE & phone box.