Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America has exhibited and demonstrated a range of advanced technologies at ITS World Congress.
Panasonic Automotive showcased transportation systems and traffic management, that help create cleaner environment, comfort, safety, and community life. Panasonic showed technology for connected cars and big data solutions.
Technology for the Connected Car solutions exhibited:
- Surround View Camera with Sensing Features.
- Pelican Imaging- an ultra-thin, camera array and imaging.
- Side View Camera.
- Intelligent Mirrors that show unobstructed view
- 79GHZ Radar for Infrastructure- Millimeter-wave radar sensor with potential application for both side-of-vehicle and infrastructure sensing.
- Steering Grip Sensing Technology.
Big Data solutions exhibited:
- Logistics Probe Solutions using Dedicated Short Range Communication (DSRC), On-board Unit (OBU), and GPS, allowing for vehicle-to-vehicle, vehicle-to-person, and vehicle-to-infrastructure communication.
- AUPEO! Personal Radio audio companion service to offer a personalized blend of entertainment and information
- Fujisawa Sustainable Smart Town – Connected sustainable eco lifestyle project
The Fujisawa Sustainable Smart Town, is the test ground for intelligent transport system technologies. Panasonic and a number of partners have created a connected, sustainable town that is focused on enabling eco-conscious and smart lifestyles.
Panasonic Automotive has been the world’s largest supplier of automotive infotainment systems, according to IHS Automotive,. Panasonic’s infotainment systems combine advanced connectivity with content and easy operation.