Yesterday, AUTO Connected Car News received a request from Delphi Automotive to use audio form the video we shot of their autonomous car at CES for a senate hearing. Our video or audio may show up in the hearing.
U.S. Sen. John Thune (R-S.D.), chairman of the Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation, will convene the hearing titled “Hands Off: The Future of Self-Driving Cars” on Tuesday, March 15, at 2:30 p.m.
The hearing will explore advancements in autonomous vehicle technology and its anticipated benefits for Americans. Witnesses have been asked to testify on their continued efforts to develop automated vehicles, their views on the appropriate role of government in promoting innovation including removing unnecessary hurdles, and their strategy to grow consumer adoption of this new technology.
• Dr. Chris Urmson, Director of Self-Driving Cars, Google X.
• Mr. Mike Ableson, Vice President for Program Management, General Motors.
• Mr. Glen DeVos, Vice President, Global Engineering and Services, Electronics and Safety, Delphi Automotive.
• Mr. Joseph Okpaku, Vice President of Government Relations, Lyft.
• Dr. Mary (Missy) Louise Cummings, Director, Humans and Autonomy Lab and Duke Robotics, Duke University
* Witness list subject to change
Tuesday, March 15, 2016
This hearing will take place in Senate Russell Office Building, Room 253. Witness testimony, opening statements, and a live video of the hearing will be available on www.commerce.senate.gov.