Pandora is one of the most popular streaming media apps and the company is hoping to be as ubiquitous in the automotive space. Pandora is opening up its box with great music at SXSW at the Gatsby inAustin’s Red River District. More than 35 acts are scheduled to perform over four days March 12-15 that will streamed live. Types of music played will include electronic, pop, hip hop, R&B, Americana, indie rock and eclectic music.
In an interview with iMedia Connection, Heidi Browning is the SVP of strategic solutions at Pandora, said some interesting things bout Pandora:
- Pandora exists to disrupt radio.
- Pandora staff want it to be as easy free and ubiquitous as radio.
- Connected cars are the last frontier.
- Pandora is in all the top car models and will be in a third of the new cars that roll of the lots in 2014.
- Pandora provides a Renascene of new audio ads.
- Padora combines, contacts, location and personalization
Pandora has over 250 million registered users in the U.S. Listeners have now created over six billion stations. Listener hours for Pandora during the month of February 2014 were 1.51 billion, an increase of 9% from 1.38 billion during the same period last year.
The SXSW Pandora Discovery Den will be avaialble on mutiple platforms, here is what can be heard/seen:
- Wednesday, March 12 – electronic and pop music from Betty Who, Haerts, Supreme Cuts, Ryan Hemsworth, Goldroom (DJ Set), The Knocks (DJ Set), Charli XCX and Cash Cash.
- Thursday, March 13 – hip hop and R&B music from SoMo, The Internet, Lee Fields & The Expressions, The Coup, People Under the Stairs, Matisyahu, Mobb Deep, Dom Kennedy and Tyler, The Creator.
- Friday, March 14 wi- co-presented with The Americana Music Association and feature Americana music from The Mowgli’s, Boy & Bear, The Felice Brothers, The Wood Brothers, Sons of Fathers, Wanda Jackson, Hurray for the Riff Raff, Rodney Crowell, Lucinda Williams and Shakey Graves.
- Saturday, March 15 indie rock and eclectic music from MAGIC!, Kishi Bashi, Lindsey Stirling, Black Lips, Marie Miller, Moon Taxi, Little Daylight, Albert Hammond Jr. and Bleachers.
Listener hours for Pandora during the month of February 2014 were 1.51 billion, an increase of 9% from 1.38 billion during the same period last year.
Learn more at 2013 Pandora Discovery Den @ SXSW.