There are many new vehicles scheduled to be revealed at the LA Auto Show the first week of December. We now have more information from the automakers about what they will debut. If you in the Los Angeles Area, the LA Auto Show is a must attend event because not only can you walk off all the food you ate over the Thanksgiving but you can see hundreds of models in one place without any sales pressure. The vehicles on display range from super sports cars to SUVs, daily commuters and even scooters.
We have already learned about:
- Nissan’s new CUV and “Star Wars: The Last Jedi” themed vehicles.
- Toyota will make an additional announcement at AutoMobility LA focusing on a new hydrogen infrastructure project.
- Chevrolet global and NA reveals.
- BMW: eight cars and one motorcycle – including two world premieres.
- Porsche; Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid Sport Turismo at AutoMobility LA and three more sports cars making their international debut.
- The new Jeep Wrangler.
- Saleen Automotive will celebrate the global reveal of its latest vehicle, which is a result of lessons learned over 35 years of car tuning, manufacturing and racing.
- Arcimoto, makers of the world’s first Fun Utility Vehicle.
ARIA Sings FXE
All we know is that the ARIA FXE will be revealed on next Thursday. It looks like a very sporty high-end luxury vehicle.
More Lexus Rows of Seats of Luxury
Lexus will premier all-new 2018 RX 350L, which will have three rows. The hybrid model, the RX 450hL, will also be announced. The RX that paved the way for the luxury crossover segment 20 years ago will retain its stylish figure while also providing more flexibility for passengers. The RX 350L will be revealed at the Lexus Press Conference.
The new Mercedes-Benz CLS , called “The Original Perfected” is scheduled for its world premier on November 29, 2017. It expected to have a hybrid drivetrain and be a luxury four-door coupe with body style in line with E-Class and S-Class cars.
Volvo Announcements New SUV & Mobility Option
Volvo Cars will reval new SUV and reveal details on Care by Volvo, a new subscription-based program that will make having a car as easy as owning a cell phone. Håkan Samuelsson, CEO, Volvo Car Corporation, and Anders Gustafsson, President and CEO Volvo Car USA, will make a presentation at the Los Angeles Auto Show Wednesday, November 29.
This North American debut is the latest vehicle in Volvo’s product refresh, which began in 2015 with the XC90 seven-passenger SUV that was named 2016 North American Utility of the Year and 2016 Motor Trend SUV of the Year. In 2016 Volvo followed the XC90 with the S90 luxury sedan and V90 Cross Country wagon, respectively. This year Volvo introduced the all-new XC60 small SUV, a complete redesign of the company’s best-selling model.
Mazda6, VISION COUPE, Mazda CX-5 Premiers
Mazda Motor Corporation will unveil a thoroughly re-engineered and refined Mazda6 sedan (known as Mazda Atenza in Japan) at the Los Angeles Auto Show. The company will hold a press conference on Wednesday Nov. 29, the first of.
The Mazda6 is the flagship of Mazda’s passenger car lineup. The updated Mazda6 offers a wider range of advanced i-ACTIVSENSE safety technologies which help the driver identify potential risks and reduce the likelihood of damage or injury. Mazda Radar Cruise Control (MRCC) can now bring the car to a standing stop and take off again when the car in front moves away, and the model also adopts Mazda’s latest 360° View Monitor. In combination with previously introduced safety features, these technologies allow drivers to enjoy superior safety and worry-free driving under an even wider variety of conditions.
The highly acclaimed VISION COUPE design concept, which the company recently unveiled at the 2017 Tokyo Motor Show, and the updated Mazda CX-5, which adopts the same SKYACTIV-G 2.5 with cylinder deactivation as the new Mazda6, will both make their North American debut at the L.A. Auto Show.
Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross compact SUV
Mitsubishi Motors Corporation (MMC) is to debut its new Eclipse Cross compact SUV. The Eclipse Cross is a fusion of sharp coupe looks and dynamic SUV mobility with signature Mitsubishi styling and performance. The Eclipse Cross is fitted with the Smartphone Link Display Audio system, a Touchpad Controller and Head Up Display which allow the driver to handle and interpret different types of information more easily and safely. Smartphone Link Display Audio supports Apple CarPlay. Placing the Touchpad Controller in the center console allows the driver to operate the Smartphone Link Display Audio easily and without having to change position.
The Head Up Display unit makes driving safer by presenting vehicle speed, data from the active safety systems and other necessary information that minimizes eye movement and provides instant readability.
Hyundai Debuts & Tech Displays
Hyundai will have displays in the tech area and we believe will reveal some new technology features along with the Hyundai Kona North American debut.
Hyundai Motor America announced its commitment to debut eight new or re-engineered crossover utility vehicles (CUVs) in the United States by the year 2020 during a press conference at the Hyundai America Technical Center. Beginning with the launch of the Kona small CUV in March, this new lineup will encompass models from the A-segment (entry level) size class all the way up to the eight-passenger midsize class. Hyundai also will showcase its latest gasoline engine, diesel engine, hydrogen fuel cell and battery electric technologies in these vehicles.
Toyota Future Adventure Concept
Toyota will premiere the Future Toyota Adventure Concept (FT-AC) at 9:00 am PT, Thursday, November 30, during the 2017 Los Angeles Auto Show. Reserve your seat for the reveal at https://livestream.com/Toyota/LA2017.
Food Truck from Land Rover Discovery in Downtown LA with Vietnamese Sandwiches
Jaguar will reveals some delicious Vietnamese sandwiches. Partnering with Smorgasburg for the launch of their Holiday Market, Land Rover will make its Smorgasburg LA debut with a bespoke Land Rover Discovery, created for chef and TV personality Jamie Oliver. Jamie Oliver’s Land Rover Discovery adds to the incredible list of food market vendors and will feature a holiday-take on the Banh Mi sandwich. The ultimate chef’s kitchen on four wheels comes with a host of cooking features including a slow-cooker, barbecue and olive oil dispenser.
Celebrity chef and friend of Jamie Oliver, Donal Shekan, assisted by chef Caroline Artiss, will host an exclusive live cooking demonstration of Jamie’s Banh Mi recipe to showcase the capabilities of the bespoke vehicle at the event. Bringing a distinct twist to the traditional Vietnamese street food, the Banh Mi recipe uses turkey and aims to encourage people to get creative with holiday leftovers.
Smorgasburg attendees will be able to purchase the Banh Mi throughout the day, with all proceeds benefitting Food Forward, a local non-profit dedicated to recovering surplus produce and donating it to those in need.
Donal Skehan said: “I am delighted to work with Jamie again on this project and bring this idea to life at Smorgasburg LA. Together with Land Rover, he has created the ultimate chef’s vehicle and I’m looking forward to serving up the holiday Banh Mi from his kitchen on-the-go for my fellow Angelenos!”
Housed in the historic five-acre Alameda Produce Market space in Downtown Los Angeles, Smorgasburg LA is a year-round open-air market showcasing innovative flavors from the city’s most exciting food vendors. Sunday, November 26 is the official launch of the Smorgasburg LA Holiday Market, which runs every Sunday from November 26 through December 17. The Holiday Market features LA’s best local makers, designers, and vintage collectors, in addition to their regular food and shopping vendors, making it the perfect place to find holiday gifts for friends and family. The launch will feature “flash sales” and specials from food and shopping vendors from 10:00-11:00 a.m., encouraging guests to arrive early for the best deals.
JThe Jamie Oliver bespoke Land Rover Discovery pop-up will be open at Smorgasburg LA at the intersection of Alameda & Bay St., Los Angeles, CA 90021 on Sunday, November 26 from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Designs of the Future
Los Angeles Auto Showed the teams competing in this year’s Design & Developer Challenge presented by Microsoft; the show also revealed the five finalist teams that will be presenting their concepts to media and industry professionals at AutoMobility LA™ on Wednesday, November 29. More than 30 companies from around the world applied to participate in the show’s annual Design & Developer Challenge which asked experts to devise a mobility plan for Los Angeles as part of the City’s bid to host a major global sporting event in the year 2060; of them, 11 teams qualified to compete for three distinct honors – the Judges’, Industry and People’s Pick awards.
The Competing Teams:
• BYTON Design – based in Nanjing, China, the global startup unites automotive engineers and computing experts to push the boundaries of mobility through digital transformation.
• Cunningham Concept Design – based in Southern California, Cunningham bridges the gap between automotive and entertainment design, creating visions that are both fantastic and pragmatic for a global industry.
• GK Design International Inc. – multidisciplinary design firm in Southern California that is part of the GK Design Group originating in Tokyo, Japan.
• Herman Miller – globally recognized provider of furnishings and related technologies and services; headquartered in Michigan, the global company has relied on innovative design for over 100 years to solve problems for people wherever they work, live, learn and heal.
• Honda Advanced Design and Trigger – the creator of future Honda and Acura automobile and mobility design concepts, Honda Advanced Design, has teamed up with fellow Los Angeles-based company, Trigger, inventor of unrivaled mixed reality experiences for the world’s top brands.
• Launch Forth, Allianz, Ottobock, Red Bull and International Paralympic Committee – Launch Forth is a community-powered product development platform focused on helping companies co-create truly world-changing products ranging from 3D-printed cars and drones to self-driving shuttles to an entire city on Mars for one million people. Launch Forth and Allianz have partnered with Ottobock, Red Bull and the International Paralympic Committee to participate in this year’s Design & Developer Challenge.
• oiio – group of architects, urbanists and researchers practicing in the study and realization of built as well as un-built environments; based in New York City and Athens, Greece.
• Qoros Design – based in Shanghai, China, Qoros designs and develops vehicles with distinct aesthetic, safety and connected services that meet international quality standards.
• Systematica – headquartered in Milan, Italy, the global transport planning and mobility engineering consultancy provides a wide array of integrated consultancy services in the transport and urban planning sectors, including national, urban and development scale transport planning, traffic analysis and management, mobility engineering and events venues with a special focus on pedestrian flows, parking design, vertical transportation and application of infomobility systems and technologies.
• URB-E – based in Southern California, URB-E’s mission is to solve the pain points of urban living by designing and engineering lightweight foldable electric vehicles and mobile power sources. Using California’s hi-tech aerospace manufacturing technologies, URB-E builds innovative products with unparalleled quality, durability and safety. URB-E has delivered over 5,000 foldable electric vehicles to customers in more than 30 countries
• ZGF Architects – architecture, design and planning practice with an intentionally diverse portfolio that includes mixed-use developments, museums, transportation facilities and ecodistricts among several other environments; ZGF Architects has 600 professionals spanning the U.S. and Canada and has received more than 1,000 design awards, including the American Institute of Architects’ highest honor, the Architecture Firm Award
A panel of design, innovation and transportation experts from ArtCenter College of Design, Autodesk, IDEO, Los Angeles’ Department of Transportation, Mattel, Microsoft NEXT and Under Armour selected five teams to present their concept at AutoMobility LA on Wednesday, November 29, starting at 4:25 p.m. PST.
The Finalist Teams (
• GK Design International Inc.
• Honda Advanced Design and Trigger
• Launch Forth, Allianz, Ottobock, Red Bull and International Paralympic Committee
• ZGF Architects
The winner of the 2017 Judges’ Pick award will be announced immediately following the finalists’ presentations. Industry professionals and the general public will also have the opportunity to review all 11 entries and vote for their favorite concept on automobilityla.com and laautoshow.com, respectively. The winner of the Industry Pick and People’s Pick awards will both be announced the week of Dec. 11.