Microsoft announced that its IP technology has been licensed by Toyota for broad coverage of connected car technologies. Previously, Microsoft and Toyota announced that Toyota was deploying Microsoft Azure cloud services.
In a video released today Microsoft says “Driving can more than taking you from point A to B, suggesting that connected car driving is
Microsoft did not report what technologies Toyota licensed. It is possible that the head unit interface on Toyotas could look Windows 10. Here are many technologies Microsoft has to offer that are listed below:
- Operating systems – microsoft’s 40-year history building operating systems is unparalleled in the industry.
- File Storage -Microsoft’s industry-leading exFAT file storage and transfer solution connects devices with portable media (through SD cards and other USB-enabled storage devices).
- Connectivity- Microsoft is a pioneer in WiFi and mobile connectivity. We continue to make bold bets on the technologies that are powering the future of connected devices, developing wireless, telegraphic, and telephonic communications networks.
- Sensors – Sensor innovations are the foundation of intelligent data collection and the future of augmented reality. Microsoft has a long history of developing the technologies that power breakthrough products, from the touch stylus to the revolutionary facial recognition tracking used in gaming, mobile, and aware computing.
- Gesture Computing – Microsoft is building on innovations in its motion-sensing Kinect systems to create engaging new technologies that are the future of augmented reality and virtual reality.
- Graphical User Interface – Microsoft designs and tests user interfaces relentlessly to make the user experience as frictionless and simple as possible.
- Voice recognition – Microsoft has a long and continuing history in interactive technologies including its digital personal assistant Cortana.
- Security – Microsoft has always been ahead of the curve in developing technologies to protect data and information. More than a decade ago, we created a model for the industry by developing a trustworthy computing initiative to make security a top priority, and we established a digital crimes unit to address this ever evolving landscape to keep data safe.
- Artificial Intelligence – The next wave of computing means infusing intelligence into the digital experience. With our cloud-backed technologies, we are unique in having the technologies and scale to push forward in this area.