Ford introduced the all-new Expedition with technology to keep every passenger connected, more power for drivers, and more expected towing capability than any other full-size SUV.
The Ford Expedition offers over forty new features and connectivity options including:
- SYNC 3, with both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, allows drivers to stay connected on the move.
- SYNC Connect lets owners connect with the vehicle remotely using FordPass to start, lock, unlock and locate their vehicle from anywhere, while also allowing access to important vehicle diagnostic information.
- Power for passengers in every row, with four 12-volt power points, six USB chargers and a 110-volt power outlet that lets passengers stay charged and connected.
- Wireless charging; Expedition is Ford’s first vehicle to feature this system, which allows customers to place compatible mobile devices on an integrated charging pad conveniently located in the front center console.
- Wi-Fi hotspot supports as many as 10 devices at once, up to 50 feet away from the vehicle.
- Dual-headrest rear seat entertainment system provides a next-generation video experience that allows passengers to view their home cable programming on either of two video screens or hand-held devices.
- 12-speaker B&O PLAY premium audio system perfected by acoustic engineers for a sound experience even audiophiles will appreciate
- Advanced cargo manager with an adjustable shelf behind the third row lets owners create a storage space customized to whatever they’re hauling; even when parked on a hill, the cargo won’t roll out the back of Expedition when the liftgate is opened.
- Panoramic Vista Roof spans two rows, a feature not offered by any competitor..
Ford claims that the all-new Expedition offers more driver-assist technology than any other full-size SUV.These include class-exclusive enhanced active park assist to easily pull in and out of parking spots, as well as available 360-degree camera technology.On the road, Expedition’s lane-keeping aid is designed to reduce unintentional drifting of the vehicle outside its intended lane, while adaptive cruise control with stop-and-go allows drivers to set a cruising speed, using radar and camera technology to monitor traffic to maintain a set distance between vehicles.
Ford offers an available hands-free liftgate makes loading cargo easy.
The Expedition’s all-new Terrain Management System™ lets customers choose between drive modes for optimal vehicle handling in different conditions. This includes normal for around-town driving, sport for more spirited trips, tow/haul for improved towing and hauling performance, eco for enhanced fuel economy, grass/gravel/snow for loose terrain, sand for low traction situations, and mud/rut for uneven surfaces.
The all-new Ford Expedition is being unveiled at Ford Center at The Star with Stephen Jones, Dallas Cowboys chief operating officer and executive vice president.
Last fall, Ford and the Dallas Cowboys surprised Dallas firefighters of Station 43 by refurbishing their station. Ford is now working with both the Cowboys and the fire station to surprise a local first responder with an all-new Expedition to continue his unstoppable level of service and enable new family adventures.
The all-new Expedition arrives this fall. It is built at Kentucky Truck Plant in Louisville, Kentucky.