HARMAN announced t its automated UI development suite for the automotive industry, enabling automakers to seamlessly create connected, multi-screen and secure In-Vehicle Infotainment (IVI) systems. HARMAN has created a leading application and UI framework, based on the Qt cross-platform application framework, which includes a flexible architecture that allows automakers to develop human machine interfaces (HMI) more expediently while simultaneously creating more personalized user experiences.
Today’s consumers have grown to expect the same type of connectivity in their vehicles as on their mobile devices. This includes an integrated experience across all screens in the vehicle. With the introduction of the Automated UI Development Suite, HARMAN is facilitating this type of rich user experience and providing a unified HMI UI across digital displays in the vehicle.
Key components of the Automated UI Development suite include:
- A toolchain that enables product managers, designers and developers to innovate through realistic simulations and trace requirements through to deployment.
- A Software Development Tool Kit (SDK) that simplifies the HMI design process through the support of multi-display solutions, including center display and rear-seat entertainment.
- Applications as downloadable modules.
Key benefits of these components include:
- The tool chain includes advanced features like continuous build and test automation for rapid high quality HMI builds.
- High-performing, quickly adaptable user interfaces based on open standards.
- Ability to reuse HMI business logic across different vehicle models and brands.
- Support for different distributed system architectures such as Multi-SoC and Single SoC with Hypervisor.
- Enablement of rapid, continuous development, including use of simulation, target devices and test-case validation.
- A more rapid evolution of the HMI throughout the vehicle lifecycle.
“Automakers are looking for solutions that can improve the speed and efficiency for end-to-end HMI design – and that includes advancing the quality of connectivity and comfort that consumers expect in their vehicles,” said Sanjay Dhawan, president, HARMAN Connected Services. “To help automakers build, manage and innovate HMI in their vehicles, we created an automated UI development suite that consists of a powerful multi-screen HMI framework and an equally powerful toolchain.”
The Qt Company develops and delivers the Qt development framework under commercial and open source licenses. We enable the reuse of software code across all operating systems, platforms and screen types, from desktops and embedded systems to wearables and mobile devices.
HARMAN (harman.com) designs and engineers connected products and solutions for automakers, consumers and enterprises worldwide, including connected car systems, audio and visual products, enterprise automation solutions and connected services.