GM’s Stefan Cross demonstrated how to successfully pair Bluetooth with the with Intellilink in-vehicle navigation system on a GMC Canyon for AUTO Connected Car News. If you have another GM vehicle such as Chevy you complete very similar actions for Chevy vehicles, Cadillac systems are a little different.
Here’s how to pair Bluetooth with a GMC vehicle with Intellilink.
- Go to settings menu, Bluetooth is under Wi-Fi on the iPhone turn Bluetooth on.
- On the Intellilink screen go to settings, tap Bluetooth pair new device.
- The iPhone recognizes GMC Intellilink, tap GMC Intellilink.
- Tap pair on the iPhone.
- The GMC Intellilnk shows that it has pairing request.
- Tap yes on the screen.
Once the iPhone is paired with the Intlellilink or Chevy system, it allows to access contacts, Siri eyes free music and more.
You can also set up Bluetooth using your voice:
- Press the Push to Talk button, wait for the beep, and say “Bluetooth”.
- The system will respond with “Bluetooth Ready”.
- Wait for the beep then say “Pair”.
- The system will respond with “Please start a search on your Bluetooth phone.
- Once the search is complete select “your vehicle” on your phone.”Your phone will either ask to enter a 4 digit code, which is displayed on the radio screen, or to confirm a 6 digit code
- The system will prompt you to give a name to your phone.Say a name that best describes your phone (example: Karen’s phone); this name will be used to indicate which phone is connected.
- The system will ask you to confirm your name.
- If you confirm that name, the system will respond with the message: “iPhone 5s Space Gray has been successfully paired”.
Every time you are in the car, it will automatically pair. You can setup multiple devices then pick what device you want to pair. Previously, when we checked with Chevy OnStar reps they reported that many users did not have Bluetooth issues. You can call the GM infotainment call center located in the U.S. with trained experts in GM in-vehicle technology. Chevrolet, Buick and GMC customers should call 1.855.4.SUPPORT and Cadillac customers can call 1.855.4.CUE.NOW.
Those readers who are experience Bluetooth issues with iOS 8 and iPhone 5-6+ should note that Cross had not upgraded his iPhone 5S to iOS 8, when we shot the video of the GMC Canyon using Bluetooth and IntelliLink.
Various work-arounds often called the “nuke-it” fixes that sometimes work with in vehicle systems and iOS 8-8.02 problems with iPhone 4S-5-6+.
If you are having problems with Bluetooth with in-vehicle systems and iOS 8.0-8.2.iPhone 4S/5/5C/5S/6/6+ please let us know in the comments below, be sure to note your make, model and year of your vehicle.