To maintain the global enthusiasm for Monterey Car Week in spite of concours and event cancellations, the Petersen Automotive Museum will host a virtual car week from August 12-16, 2020. The week of virtual events will include live vehicle debuts, online auctions, exclusive interviews, car shows and a celebrity-judged concours.
During each day of “Petersen Car Week,” the museum will host a different event that utilizes user-submitted videos and content. All events for the week will be free and debuted as premieres on the Petersen YouTube Channel, allowing enthusiasts from around the world to access the content to create the sense of community that Monterey Car Week provides.
Schedule for Petersen Car Week:
- August 1-10: “The Road to Petersen Car Week” explores what it takes to get a car concours-ready
- Wednesday, August 12: Petersen Car Week kickoff show
- Thursday, August 13: Virtual tour d’elegance, live auction and vehicle unveil
- Friday, August 14: Porsche show, auction and vehicle spotlight
- Saturday, August 15: Vintage racing, hypercar show and auction
- Sunday, August 16: Petersen Concours d’Elegance and concept car showing
Concours classes will be announced on May 8, 2020, and details about each individual event will be released on May 15, 2020. The museum encourages enthusiasts to submit events they would like to see in the weekly schedule.
“What makes Monterey Car Week special each year is the wide variety of events held around the peninsula for enthusiasts to gather among automotive history, share their passion and experience new vehicles from global manufacturers,” said Petersen Executive Director Terry L. Karges. “Given the circumstances, we are happy to provide a new experience for global enthusiasts by offering some of the key aspects of the week. Although we’d much rather be enjoying car week in person, we are excited to distill the essence of Monterey Car Week into something virtual and make the events accessible to everyone.”