There are more announcements out of TU-Automotive Detroit, today from Green Hills Software, Excelfore, Vulog, RideCell and HARMAN. Connected Car news involves software, a newly-formed OTA alliance and HARMAN. If you are interested in more TU-Automotive Detroit News, read:
- TU-Automotive Detroit PreShow News
- TU-Automotive Detroit Winners and Announcements
- TU-Automotive Detroit Day 1 News from Blackberry, HARMAN, IBM, XEVO, Taoglas, Qualcomm, Bosch/TomTom, Caruma, Roadbotics and Ericsson.
- TU-Detroit Finale.
Green Hills Platform for Secure Connected Car
Green Hills Software unveiled its Platform for Secure Connected Car, featuring the industry’s most comprehensive solution for vehicle and smart city manufacturers building vehicle-to-anything (V2X) and European car-to-anything (C2X) On-Board Units (OBU) and intelligent transportation infrastructure. Together with INTEGRITY Security Services (ISS), a Green Hills Software company, and first partners Autotalks and Commsignia, this Platform enables a clear path for OEMs and Tier 1s to immediately address the range of challenges to design, develop and deploy the most secure and efficient V2V solutions for the next generation of vehicle awareness as outlined in the US Department of Transportation (US DOT) New Proposed Rule Making (NPRM), Docket number NHTSA-2016-0126. The Green Hills Platform for Secure Connected Car is the first and only platform of its kind to incorporate security, safety and device management in one platform.
Green Hills Software, INTEGRITY Security Services and its strategic partners Autotalks and Commsignia have developed an unmatched portfolio of integrated V2X capabilities to help speed the design innovation for the next generation of connected vehicles globally. The first instantiation of the Platform demonstrated at TU-Automotive Detroit highlights partners Autotalks and their secure V2X automotive SoC and Commsignia for complete V2X stack, extensive standards-based applications and Commsignia IEEE 1609.2 security.
- INTEGRITY RTOS – proven total reliability and separation security with unprecedented Common Criteria EAL 6+ security credentials and ISO 26262 ASIL D safety certification.
- INTEGRITY Multivisor™ 64-bit Secure Virtualization – brings a decade of experience in safely and securely virtualizing guest operating systems alongside system-critical applications on a single platform.
- Advanced Software Development Tools – including MULTI© IDE, Optimizing C/C++ compilers, ISO26262 ASIL C/D qualification, MISRA C Adherence Checker and other integrated tools to produce automotive-grade code that attains the highest possible execution speed. The Green Hills Probe and SuperTrace™ Probe connect MULTI to the target for board bring-up, trace debugging and multicore, multi-mode run control during debugging.
- V2X OBU Security Toolkit – Through its integration with ISS and partner Commsignia, the Platform for Secure Connected Car enables the OBU to transmit and process secure messages and perform core security functions compliant to IEEE 1609.2-2016 and ETSI TS 103 097 standards. Key functionality includes:
Excelfore unveiled the eSync Alliance, a global automotive initiative to drive multi-company solutions for over-the-air (OTA) updates and diagnostic-data in the automotive electronics eco-system. The eSync Alliance consists of automotive suppliers working cooperatively to provide eSync Compliant components. Designed to support full vehicle OTA solutions as well as vehicle diagnostics and telematics data-management with end-to-end security, the eSync Alliance will reduce the time and risks of developing and deploying fully connected cars.
The eSync Alliance creates a community of companies that cooperate to provide standardized and interoperable OTA and diagnostic-data solutions.
eSync Alliance members will be able to brand their solutions as eSync Compliant if they meet the program requirements, which include criteria for conformance to APIs and specific features. The eSync Compliant mark will ensure a common OTA data path reaching all the different electronic devices in the car, streamlining integration and testing efforts. The eSync Compliance program provides not only the path to push software updates to the devices in the car, but also to pull diagnostic data from those devices in the car.
Vulog Carsharing Technologies announced the incorporation of advanced analytics into their offering to enable improved strategic decision-making. The product comprises 50+ dashboards to further improve customer success and profitability.
Using Vulog’s solution, operators can improve their services in the following ways:
- Customer Segmentation: by categorizing customers, operators are able to identify their true end-users, from daily commuters to customers only using free-minutes offered by the operator.
- Supply vs Demand Analysis: in essence, cars need to always be where the demand is. Vulog’s solution enables operators to draw trends from various locations, across multiple time periods, in a given city to enable repositioning of a fleet, thus maximizing revenues.
- Fleet Maintenance and Customer Service: the key to an operator’s success is the optimization of fleet maintenance and service. Having tools to analyze these cost centers can make the difference between a profitable service and a non-profitable one
Ridecell for Carsharing in Poland
Ridecell announced at TU-Automotive Detroit, its mobility platform will power a new carsharing program by Å KODA Poland (part of Volkswagen Group Poland – VGP). Skoda Auto Mlada Boleslav (Part of VW AG) in the Czech Republic will drive the program, under the brand name Omni. Pol-Mot Auto, a Skoda dealership in Poland, will operate the service locally.
The Omni service allows consumers to pick up and drop off Skoda vehicles at parking stations throughout the Warsaw metropolitan area. In addition, consumers can easily sign up for the Omni service with a simple app-based registration process that takes just minutes and then use the Omni app to instantly access all available vehicles in the service. Ridecell developed the Omni-branded application and powers the back-end operations of the service.
HARMAN Far Field Voice Input
An exhibitor at TU-Automotive Detroit HARMAN a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. focused on connected technologies for automotive, consumer and enterprise markets, today announced a new Far Field Voice Input Technology, called Sonique. This technology is intended for the fast-growing market of devices in the Consumer Electronics, Enterprise, and Robotics spaces that utilize voice commands, rather than traditional physical inputs via buttons, keyboard inputs, or mouse clicks.
Sonique is a total voice solution that includes a customizable, high performance microphone array, a suite of voice algorithms to accurately capture voice commands, even in high ambient noise environments, and integration with popular natural voice engines, and low distortion speakers.
Sonique will integrate with all natural voice engines that are available for public use. Amazon’s Alexa and Microsoft’s Cortana are available now.
We’ve noticed that many attendees of the TU-Automotive Detroit our reading our coverage. We suggest that you subscribe to your Weekly News Digest to keep up-to-date with the latest autonomous driving and connected car news. “Email When Published” may fill up your inbox too much. For the very technical subscribe to ‘Embedded Chips and Connected Car News Tips”