TU-Automotive Detroit begins this Wednesday with awards on Tuesday night. Here’s a roundup of highlights of the program, exhibitors and expected autonomous and connected car announcements from all over the world.
If you are going don’t expect to have a paper show guide. TU-Automotive Detroit App is replacing the paper show guide. Before you attend the event, please login to view the full agenda. You will also need to download the app to your iPhone or Android smartphone. You can find the app by searching TU-Auto17.
Wednesday there is a Women’s Breakfast – in partnership with Automotive Women’s Alliance Foundation starts at 7:00 am.The seminars, this year twenty minutes long.
On the schedule BMW is making an announcement on Thursday about the latest developments in BMW’s connected vehicle strategy.
There are different track such as headlines, connected services, ADAS/Autonomous, smart cities/urban mobility, cybersecurity, rountables, business and consumer UX. Seminars run simultaneously at some times during the day. Lunch is served in the exhibit hall.There are start-up and exhibitor pitches.
Excelfore, will be showcasing its latest in-vehicle networking and OTA software technology.Excelfore will be running live demos at booth C233. An in-vehicle networking solution jointly developed with Molex will showcase multiple network standards, including Gigabit automotive Ethernet, 100megabit automotive Ethernet, CAN and USB, with a diverse set of sensors, displays and Electronic Control Units (ECUs).
Excelfore and Alpine will jointly demonstrate Excelfore’s eSync solution for over the air (OTA) automotive updates to a head unit running Google Android N with the latest automotive functionality, as well as an AUTOSAR-based ECU (Electronic Control System) on a CAN (Controller Area Network) bus reached over a Molex Ethernet Gateway/Switch.
Green Hills Software will showcase their technology for automotive electronics and secure IoT devices. They will show the latest innovative solutions for securing the connected car, ensuring trusted electronic component supply chains, and consolidating complex automotive cockpit software in safe and secure domains. Meet with us to discuss your project’s challenges and goals with our embedded systems experts.
Chuck Brokish, Green Hills Director of Automotive Business Development, will present at 5:10 pm on June 8.Then at 5:30 pm, Chuck will participate at a panel on Laying the Foundations for Secure Future Connectivity.
Green Hills Software Will Demonstrate
- Safe ECU Consolidation — Linux/Android infotainment securely consolidated with safety-certified dashboard functions for scalable eCockpits.
- V2X and the Connected Car — Secure communication and OTA updates over untrusted networks.
- Safety Instrument Clusters — Four different safety-critical instrument clusters running on the latest automotive processors.
Airbiquity, will sponsor and participate at TU-Automotive Detroit. Airbiquity will provide demonstrations of its innovative new product, OTAmatic, an industry-leading over-the-air (OTA) solution that orchestrates and automates both software updates and data management for connected vehicles.
Airbiquity’s OTAmatic solution eliminates the complexity of automotive OTA through reliable and secure orchestration and automation of multi-ECU software updates and data management—at scale. Designed and engineered specifically for automotive, the production-ready product can be purchased at the component level or as an end-to-end solution, and can be deployed in the Airbiquity cloud, leading public clouds, or on-premise customer data centers.
u‑blox, Commsignia and NXP, will be demonstrating live how this collaboration is enabling lifesaving V2V applications.
Aria Systems, the leader in helping enterprises grow subscription- and usage-based revenue, today announced that its Co-founder and Chief Innovation Officer Brendan O’Brien will participate on two panels. The first session, IoT Impact on Automotive and Mobility, O’Brien and Sharique Ahmed, Technology Strategy and Architecture Lead at Deloitte will share how automobile manufacturers are leveraging the IoT for increased profits. On the second day, O’Brien will present on a panel featuring Octo Telematics North America, Dealer-FX, Cumulus Media and CCC Information Services Inc., discussing Unlocking New Automotive Revenue Streams.7
There will be demos at the Wind River booth.
Karamba Cyber Security will demo a live car hacking at their booth. The conference coordinator stated that they will have more OEMs than ever before. Crank software will demo HMI clusters with NXP and QNX. Sasken Technologies will demo their simulator based approach to accelerate time-to-market for the autonomous car as well as IVI solutions enabling auto OEMs to deliver rich in-car experiences
SBD will give tours of the expo floor.
The winners of the TU-Automotive awards will be announced at a ceremony from the finalist in a night of drink, food, networking and celebration
OEM of the Year
- Audi of America
- Navistar, Inc.
- Volvo Car Group
Best Connected Service or Product for Commercial Market
- Commerical Vehicle Platform and Service by Traffilog
- Eyeris driver & occupants monitoring AI by Eyeris
- Harman Smart Telematics Gateway by Harman International
- Octo Fleet by Octo Telematics
- OnCommand Connection by Navistar, Inc.
- Teletrac Navman DIRECTOR™by Teletrac Navman
- Telogis Spotlight by Verizon Telematics
Best Telematics Product or Service
- Control Center for Connected Cars by Cisco Jasper
- Ericsson Connected Vehicle Marketplace by Ericsson
- HARMAN’s dynamic map layers solution by HARMAN International
- Navdy by Navdy
- Over-the-Air Software & Data Management by Airbiquity
- Share a Porsche by Vodafone Automotive
- The HARMAN Ignite Platform by HARMAN
Best Insurance Telematics Product or Service
- DriveWell by Cambridge Mobile Telematics
- Instant FNOL (First Notice of Loss) – Auto by Verisk Analytics
- Metromile pay-per-mile car insurance by Metromile
- Nicigo N2 ADAS device by Hangzhou Nicigo Technology Co.,Ltd.
- Octo Surround by Octo Telematics
- Telematics Solutions by LexisNexis Risk Solutions
- The TrueMotion Usage-Based Insurance Smartphone App by TrueMotion
- Urgent.ly Digital Roadside Services by Urgent.ly
Best Active Safety or ADAS Product/Service
- 360 Degree Sensing 76 GHz Short Range Radar by Delphi Automotive
- HERE Electronic Horizon by HERE
- Intel GO by Intel
- Puck Hi-Res by Velodyne LiDAR
- QNX Platform for ADAS by BlackBerry QNX
- Vector CAST® Test Automation Platform by Vector Software
Best Auto Mobility Product or Service
- Audi Traffic Light Information by Audi of America
- AutonomAI by Tata Elxsi Limited
- Gemalto On-Demand Connectivity Subscription Management solution and the GSMA compliant Embedded SIMs by Gemalto
- HERE Hazard Warnings by HERE
- Olli by Local Motors with IBM
- Qualcomm® Drive Data Platform by Qualcomm
- Ridecell by RideCell
- Veniam ConnectAV Platform by Veniam
Best Auto Cybersecurity Product or Service
- Argus Connectivity Protection by Argus Cyber Security
- Argus In-Vehicle Network Protection with Argus ECU Fingerprinting by Argus Cyber Security
- Karamba Autonomous Security by Karamba Security
- QNX Software Development Platform (SDP) 7.0 by BlackBerry QNX
- v2xSecure by TrustPoint Innovation Technologies
Best Aftermarket Telematics Product/Service
- Hum by Verizon Telematics
- Machine Learning Mechanic Software by DataDriven
- MECH5.com by Nebula Systems Ltd
- The Connected Rental Car by Nokia
- The Mojio Platform by Mojio
- The Solution by Global Mobile Alert
- Zubie Connected Car and Analytics Platform by Zubie
Newcomer of the Year
- CarVi, Inc
- Ficonic Solutions
- M2MD Technologies, Inc.
- Traffic Technology Services
Influencer of the Year
- Aarjav Trivedi, CEO, RideCell
- Andrew Dondlinger, VP and General Mgr, Connected Services, Navistar, Inc.
- Bobby Hambrick, Founder/CEO, AutonomouStuff
- Doug Davis, SVP and GM, Automated Driving Group, Intel Corporation
- Joe Speed, Watson IoT AutoLAB Product Owner, IBM
We will be covering the major announcements from TU Detroit, here are AUTO Connected Car News. TU-Detroit was voted best trade show for the Tech CARS awards this year.
If you are planning to attend the event dont’ forget AUTO Connected Car News readers get a $200 discount with the code TUDACCN.