The Los Angeles Auto Show’s Connected Car Expo (CCE) announced that it outgrew the Los Angeles Convention Center and will now will take over the JW Marriott at the L.A. Live entertainment complex. CCE also announced speakers and exhibitors. One of the star speakers of the event will be the remote hacker of the Jeep Cherokee, Chris Valasek. The Connected Car Expo won the Tech CARS Award for best connected car show.
— Connected Car Expo (@ConnectedCarLA) August 5, 2015
More than 25 speakers will discuss hot connected car industry topics such as autonomous vehicles, Android Auto, consumer research, car sharing, startups, mobile-friendly interior design, cybersecurity, 3D printing, over-the-air updates and much more. Here are some of the scheduled speakers:
- Henry Newton-Dunn, Google.
- Frankie James, General Motors.
- Brian Droessler, Continental.
- Joanna McFarland, Hop Skip Drive.
- Matt Jones, Jaguar Land Rover.
- Kristin Kolodge, J.D. Power.
- RJ Mical, Google.
- Raj Rajkumar, Carnegie Mellon.
- Andre Weimerskirch, UMTRI.
- Eric Migicovsky, Pebble.
- Justin Fishkin, Local Motors.
- Nick Sugimoto, Honda Silicon Valley Lab.
- Mahbubul Alam, Movimento.
- David Strickland, Venable.
- Neal Boudette, Automotive Correspondent.
- Larry Rosin, Edison Research.
- Claudiu Dimofte PhD, San Diego State University.
- Karl Heimer, Autoimmune.
- Eric Spiegelman, Los Angeles Board of Taxicab Commissioners.
- Prof. Thomas Form, Volkswagen.
Companies exhibiting include Auto Alliance, Covisint, Elektrobit, Faurecia, Garmin, Global Automakers, KPMG, Mojio, OnStar, OSRAM Opto Semiconductors, QNX, whiteCryption, Wind River and dozens of start-ups and app developers.
This year’s CCE starts with an evening welcome reception on Monday, Nov. 16, and is followed by LA Auto Show’s press and trade events at the Los Angeles Convention Center on Nov. 18-19.