Features of the aftermarket audio systems with expanded smartphone functionality include Pandora, styling and FLAC file playback. The new receivers have larger screens, better colors and brightness functions.
The new Pioneer single CD models are DEH-X8700BH and DEH-X8700BS single-DIN and FH-X820BS double-DIN models.
Where these audio systems shine are all the ways smartphone users can connect with Bluetooth.
- Bluetooth Dual Device Connection -allows users to wirelessly connect two smartphone devices at the same time, eliminating the need to pair and unpair multiple devices.
- Bluetooth pairing via USB – connect and iPhone to the receiver with a an iPhone-to-USB cable and pairing is a snap.
- Wideband Speech Hands-free Profile 1.6,- this protocol offers much better sound quality for phone call conversations.
- Bluetooth Music Library Browsing (AVRCP 1.5- music can be searched for playlists, artists or songs over a wireless connection.
- Android Media Transfer Protocol (MTP)- allows Android smartphone uses to browse through media folders.
- Siri Eyes Free – allows users to make calls, select and play music, hear and compose text messages, get mapping information, listen to notifications, listen to calendar information and add reminders.
Other helpful features in the new Pioneer CD receivers announced include USB connections for basic controls such as Play/Pause/FF/Rev/Random/Repeat and display track, artist and album information.
The Pandora Station Creation lets users to create new Pandora stations while the app is in use with an iPhone device (physical connection required) or compatible Android smartphone.
The DEH-X8700BH and DEH-X8700BS feature Advanced Pandora Station Creation, lets the user create a new Pandora station from a currently playing song or artist playing in Pandora as well as HD Radio, SiriusXM, or from a connected iPod.
Some models can be connected to a Sirius radio tuner.The DEX-X8700BH features built-in HD Radio.
New for 2015, the DEH-X8700BH and DEH-X8700BS models are the first CD receivers in the lineup to support FLAC “lossless” digital audio compatibility for playback of CD-quality files (44.1kHz / 16-bit). FLAC files can be played back from a USB drive.
The new Pioneer single CD receivers will be available October with suggested retail prices of: $200 (DEH-X8700BH), $190 (DEH-X8700BS), and $180 (FH-X820BS).