Nielsen likes to study the reasons why people use media and their buying intentions. Recently, the company studied the features used and wanted by connected car buyers.
Safety Major Value
- Safety is a major value among car buyers, it is the highest-ranking features for future buyers, 79% said they believe a vehicle’s safety features will make them feel safe.
- Users of connected car technologies like the value of crash notifications (64% very important).
- Internet-enabled navigation was found to 58% very important.
- Safety alerts were ranked at 51% very important.
- Connected car consumers also rated these same features as most important in their car-buying decision-making processes.