The Los Angeles Auto Show is expected to show many new vehicles and offer a plethora of test drives. If you looking to buy a new car or even planning on leasing or buying one in the next few years at trip downtown will give a full view of what coming in the next few years. An added benefit is that since the show is open the day after Thanksgiving you can walk off the pie and the turkey.
Test drives will be available from Telsa in Gilbert Lindsay Plaza and in alphabetical order test drives form Acura, Audi, Chrysler, Dodge, Fiat, Ford, Honda, Jaguar, Kia, Land Rover, Lincoln, Nissan, RAM, Slingshot, Subaru, Toyota and Volkswagen. Be sure to bring your driver’s license which is required to make test drives. We also recommend bringing sunglasses and wear the shoes you wear when you drive. Passengers are allowed and must be at least 8 years of age. Test drives are super busy on the weekends and the LA Auto Show suggests that you sign up for the test drives when you first arrive—spots fill up quickly. Test drives are available on Figuerora Dr., Pico Dr. and North Plaza–you may be standing out in the sun-therefore bring a hat.
At the Ford Ranger Hill Experience (North Plaza)you experience the rugged ride in the Ford Ranger on the Ford Ranger Hill Experience. The ride-and-drive will feature the newest Ford Ranger’s off-road and all-terrain capabilities. From photos it looks like there will bumps and hills to drive over.
Now here’s where it gets tricky—not all new vehicle launches have been officaily announced, yet. However we can ascertain that since today Ford is launching the Mustang Mach-e SUV in Los Angels and Ford has an exhibit at the LA Auto Show the Mach-e will be on display along with all the other Ford production vehicles.
The LA Auto Show provides of list of almost all the vehicles on display however with close to 1,000 models, it’s hard to comprehend.
Here’s a list what we found so far–(We’ll be updating the list during the week).
Acura: Acura Type S Concept–sets the stage for the return of Type S performance variants and will heavily influence the character of the upcoming, second-generation TLX Type S. It is designed by Dave Marek.
Alfa Romeo -Alfa Romeo 4C Spider Italia and Alfa Romeo Stelvio
Audi is launching the Audi e-tron Sportback. New lighting technology will then illuminate the paths of the Audi customers’. The company will also debut of all-new 2020 S8 joins model line blending S model performance with the comfort of a long-wheelbase. The 2020 A8 luxury sedan receives 4.0-liter V8 engine offering with elevated torque and more usable power Audi continues committment to electrification by offering the first A8 plug-in hybrid in the U.S.
The high-performance twin-turbocharged S8 will exclusively be offered as a long wheelbase model. In a first for the brand, the A8 TFSI e combines the comfort of the A8 with electric driving. In 2020, customers will be able to choose between V6 and V8 engine variants on the A8. Luxury and performance are emphasized across the new A8 line that expands on innovative technologies and sophisticated design. Also on display will be the Audi R8 V10 performance Spyder
I will be meeting with Robert Bollinger on Thursday. We expect the fully electric SUV B1 and truck B2 will be on display in the West Atrium where we first saw the B1 in 2017. The trucks feature payloads of 5,000 lbs c 10 electrical outlets and ability to tow 7,500 pounds. The pass through feature can accommodate wood or pipes up to 16 ft long. Windows, doors and roofs are removable.
The joy of driving will be illustrated in with BMW M8 Gran Coupe. BMW announced the world premiere of the first ever BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe sees BMW transporting its highly successful four-door coupe concept from higher up its model range into the premium compact segment.
The latest high-performance models from the BMW X family: the new BMW X5 M, new BMW X5 M Competition, new BMW X6 M and new BMW X6 M Competition.
The innovative talents of the BMW Group in the development fields D+ACES (Design, Automated Driving, Connectivity, Electrification and Services) – identified as central future-focused fields by the company in its NUMBER ONE > NEXT strategy – are reflected more than ever in the BMW model line-up. Added to which, the brand’s stronger presence in the luxury segment and the continued success of the BMW X models are among the key pillars underpinning its enduring growth in the world’s car markets.
World premiere: the new BMW M8 Gran Coupe and new BMW M8 Competition Gran Coupe bring together high performance with show-stopping presence and progressive luxury.
The Show premiere for the new BMW X5 M and new BMW X5 M Competition, new BMW X6 M and new BMW X6 M Competition: SAVs and SACs of unshakable dominance.
The BMW Motorrad Concept R 18 brings the essence of big BMW Motorrad classics into the modern age, fusing historical motorcycle design with a contemporary, custom attitude in the process. It could be viewed as a return to the brand’s core, but given a modern twist.
Chrysler – Many of its popular models will on display. For people with disabilities the Chrysler Mobility Pacifica has a special ramp.
- Ford Mustang GT Premium Fastback
- Ford Transit Connect
- Ford Tremor
- Ford Lariat
- Ford Ranger
- Ford Rapter
- Several Ford Mustang models
- Ford F-150
- Ford Explorer
- Ford Edge
- Ford Expedition
Honda’s electrification initiative and “Safety for Everyone” campaign are in the spotlight as the company debuts . The all-new 2020 Honda CR-V Hybrid, launching in Spring 2020, is the latest in Honda’s line of electrified vehicles, and the first hybrid-electric SUV from Honda in the U.S. Honda’s new display will also feature a “Safety Zone” with a crash-tested 10th-generation Civic Coupe, one of 10 Honda models earning a 5-star Overall Vehicle Score crash safety rating from NHTSA. Additionally, Honda Civic customer Kyle Shaules, of Victorville, Calif., will share his real-life experience with media on Nov. 20. Shaules is one of three Honda customers whose own life-affirming stories are featured in the company’s just-launched Safety for Everyone social media campaign.
- HondaLens Live – an augmented reality showcase of the 2020 CR-V Hybrid
- Honda Safety Zone – featuring a crash-tested 2019 Civic Coupe, real-world customer storytelling and a Seatbelt Selfie Wall
- Honda x Gaming Zone – with live appearances by premier global esports organization, Team Liquid, and an interactive retro-style Honda Circuit racing game:
- Monday 11/25 2;00 p.m.- 4:00 p.m.: Head2Head/Twitch Live Stream featuring live play, hosted by Andy Bravo, eSports Commentator/Analyst
- Sunday 12/1 11:00 a.m.-11:30 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.-2:30 p.m.: Live appearance of Doublelift, seven-time League of Legends LCS Champion, with Steve Arhancet, Co-Owner/Co-CEO of Team Liquid
- Honda Winning Moment – an augmented reality photo booth where show goers can place themselves in the scenes of historical sports moments, including in IndyCar, National Hockey League and League of Legends championships
Hyundai will live stream all it’s intros on Wednesday.
- Debut five vehicles, including concepts and production models.
- Showcase powertrains including ICE, plug-in hybrid and all-electric.
- Unveil its plug-in hybrid SUV concept.
INFINITI – the debut of INFINITI QX60 and QX55 is not the first INFINITI SUV with a coupe silhouette. The FX, launched in 2003 as the first crossover to fuse sports car design with SUV practicality, still influences and inspires INFINITI design to this day.
Jaguar Land Rover
Jeep – Jeep Gladiators,
We’re wondering if Kia Motors will show its new Futuron Concept, an illuminating all-wheel drive SUV coupe which proposes new designs for future electric vehicles.
The Futuron Concept represents the modern and confident image of a progressive electric SUV coupe envisioned by Kia. The Futuron name itself is a portmanteau of ‘future’ and ‘on’.
Beyond its growing technology story, Karma’s current momentum is partly driven by a period of rapid product introduction, including the U.S. launch of its 2020 Revero GT luxury electric vehicle, to be followed by a new Karma global platform in 2021 and supported by a rapidly increasing retail footprint.
Land Rover — the Land Rover Defender….
Lexus is schedule to debut a new model. The Lexus LF-30 Concept will be on display which is shows the “Lexus Electrified” vision with steering by wire, autonomous-ready interior and four-in-wheel motors. Also on display will be
- Lexus RC F
- Lexus GS 350
- Lexus LX 570
- Lexus GX 460
- Lexus IS 350
- Lexus UX 250h
- Lexus NX 300 Black Line Special Edition
- Lexus LS 500
- Lexus LC 500
Mazda North American Operations announced that the all-new Mazda CX-30 will make its U.S. debut at the 2019 Los Angeles Auto Show. Additionally, it will be an opportunity for fans to experience first-hand the elegant refinements that have been made to the 2020 CX-5 and 2020 CX-9.
Alongside the all-new CX-30, the 2020 CX-5 and 2020 CX-9 will also be on display. The CX-5, Mazda’s best-selling vehicle in the U.S., features numerous performance upgrades and new improvements, including an Engine Harmonic Enhancer, increased maximum torque and off-road traction assist. The CX-9 shares similar updates while also offering all-new available second-row captain’s chairs, hands-free power liftgate and a larger nine-inch touchscreen display. All of these SUVs help Mazda continue to offer the best possible premium experience for its fans.
MAZDA EXHIBITS AT THE LOS ANGELES AUTO SHOW
|Vehicles scheduled for sale||Mazda CX-30 (U.S. Debut), 2020 Mazda CX-5, 2020 Mazda CX-9|
|Vehicles on sale||2020 Mazda3, 2020 Mazda6, 2019 Mazda MX-5 RF|
MINI – new on display will be the new all-electric MINI Cooper SE. The new MINI Cooper SE is based on the MINI Hardtop 2 door with an internal combustion engine. Its highly expressive design is complemented by independent accents – including the closed radiator grille, yellow MINI Electric logos and model-specific lightweight alloy wheels that point to the locally emission-free drive unit. The car is produced together with the conventionally powered model at the British MINI Plant Oxford and it will be available in the USA from March 2020.
Mercedes-Benz Daimler will reveal a new SUV the Maybach GLS.
Nissan- we expect redesigns of popular models. The 2020 Nissan Sentra.
Porsche Premiers & Racers
The US premiere of the Porsche Taycoan. The all-electric, four-door sports sedan offers the performance and connectivity expected of a Porsche, with everyday usability. Highly advanced production methods and the Taycan’s capabilities are setting new standards in the fields of sustainability and digitalization. Taking center stage on the Porsche stand will be the new Taycan 4S, which now becomes the starting point of a range that has until now only consisted of the Taycan Turbo and Taycan Turbo S. The Taycan 4S is available with two battery sizes: The Performance Battery generates up to 390 kW (530 PS), while the Performance Battery Plus delivers up to 420 kW (571 PS) overboost power.
The US premiere of the new Macan Turbo. With 324 kW (440 PS), it assumes flagship status among Porsche compact SUV sports cars. In parallel with Porsche’s debut in Formula E on 22 and November 23 2019, the Porsche 99X Electric, the brands first all-electric racing car will also be on display at the LA Auto Show.
RAM – RAM 1500 EcoDiesel and several RAM 1500 models
Subaru–will be showing its cars and raising money for animal rights groups. two new models will be revealed.
Toyota will debut the Toyota RAV4 plug-in. There will be a live stream of the reveal.
Volkswagen will debut the ID. SPACE VIZZION to the world on the eve of the Los Angeles Auto Show on 9—a zero-emissions vehicle for a new era, new thinking and new mobility. The ID. SPACE VIZZION is a crossover of tomorrow that combines the aerodynamic characteristics of a Gran Turismo with the spaciousness of an SUV. Stylistically, the ID. SPACE VIZZION follows the design DNA of the ID. family, yet has a completely independent and progressive character. The production version will be released in late 2021, and will come in different versions for North America, Europe and China. It will be on display at the Peterson Automotive Museum.
A full line of VW vehicles including Pasat, Arteon, Atlas, Tiguan, eGolf and Jetta. The
- Maroon Vault Studios (West Atrium): Artists from Maroon Vault Studios will be sketching popular cars at the show. Visitors can purchase customized sketches and watch artists as they create their masterpieces.
- Pet Adoptions (West Hall & Breezeway): Subaru, partnering with Our Family Paws Rescue, and the DoVE Project (Dogs of Violence Exposed) will have dogs available for adoption on Friday, Nov. 22 and Saturday, Nov. 23, respectively.
- LEGO, Inc. (South Atrium): Experience hands-on building at the show’s first-ever LEGO booth, which will honor the beloved car culture of Los Angeles. A highlight of the booth will be the life-size LEGO Bugatti Chiron, a 1:1 replica of the real-life automobile made entirely of LEGO Technic bricks and elements.
Interactive Experiences and Displays
- Electrify America (South Atrium): Learn more about the growing infrastructure for electric vehicles by getting up close to a replica charging station. Experts from Electrify America will be available to teach consumers how they work and explain the benefits of electric vehicles. Visitors to the booth will also have the opportunity to check out the all-new Harley-Davidson LiveWire.
- Ford STEAM Machine (Breezeway): Making its national debut at the LA Auto Show, the Ford STEAM Machine comes with experiments and fun games that teach children about air pressure, kinetic energy, magnetism, Newton’s laws of motion, and more. Ford created the Ford STEAM Machine to engage children in science, technology, engineering, arts and math and to help eliminate barriers to STEAM education. For more than 30 years, Ford Motor Company has inspired young people to seek knowledge, be curious, solve problems and – like Henry Ford himself – make dreams of a better tomorrow come true.
- Free Test Drives: Get behind the wheels of the latest and greatest from brands, including: Acura, Audi, Chrysler, Fiat, Ford, Honda, Jaguar, Jeep, Kia, Land Rover, Lincoln, Polaris, Nissan, Ram, Subaru, Toyota and Volkswagen. For the first time ever, Tesla will also be offering test drives at the LA Auto Show.
- Hyundai Racing Game Experience (South Atrium): Test your virtual racing skills with the Hyundai Racing Game Experience and go head-to-head in this racing simulation.
- The Lost Corvettes/Corvette Heroes (Kentia Lobby): “The Lost Corvettes” – AKA the Peter Max Collection of 36 classic Corvettes – were recently restored by a group called the Corvette Heroes. The “Big Six” (Corvettes from the years 1953, 1956, 1957, 1966, 1967 and 1969) out of the historic collection will be showcased in their restored glory at this year’s LA Auto Show.
Mobility Solutions of the Future
- gita (Breezeway): gita is the two-wheeled, cargo-carrying device designed to follow an individual around and carry up to 40 pounds of cargo, shaping the evolution of consumer transportation and mobility.
- Karma Automotive (Concourse Hall): Karma is bringing its unique luxury mobility experiences which will instantly connect you to your own source of inspiration and a more inspirational future. Karma Automotive’s vehicles on display will include the SC1, Revero GT, Revero, and KARMA GT.
- Repair Smith (Breezeway): Repair Smith will be showcasing its service vehicle that can come directly to you and an expert will walk visitors through their process to show how easy it can be to get serviced on the go.