The 2019 Audi e-tron – the first fully electric model from the brand – first arrived in May. A true mid-size luxury SUV, the e-tron – with an EPA-estimated range of 204 miles – is built for everyday use.
The right size: comfortable seating for five adults and luggage
- With two rows and a panoramic sunroof, the Audi e-tron is a true mid-sized SUV with comfortable seating for five adults and luggage.
- The Audi e-tron is the largest model in the mid-size luxury electric SUV segment, delivering 57 cubic feet of cargo space with rear seats folded down; an additional front trunk houses the standard equipped Level 2 charging system.
- Similar in size to the Audi Q8, the e-tron has a wheelbase of 115.1 inches and height of 65.5 inches.
- For true SUV functionality, the e-tron tows up to 4,000 pounds when equipped with an available towing package, and features standard air suspension and roof rails.
The right segment: fully electric mid-size luxury SUV delivers premium features and everyday usability
- The Audi e-tron is a true mid-size SUV – the largest segment in the luxury SUV market – and provides the fit and finish that luxury buyers expect.
- Definitively Audi and uniquely e-tron, the model features standard heated/cooled seats, top view camera, distinctive badging and all-new ergonomically designed shifter, in addition to available massaging seats, night vision assistant and a full suite of standard and available driver assistance systems.
- New standard-equipped electric quattro® all-wheel drive helps provide exceptional control and confidence in a variety of driving conditions. With an electric motor placed on both e-tron axles, power is efficiently distributed to provide nearly instantaneous torque and powerful electric performance.
The right technology: revolutionary electric engineering without compromise
- With buyers of premium vehicles driving an average of about 30 miles per day¹, the Audi e-tron – with an EPA-estimated range of 204 – is designed for daily usability.
- The e-tron can charge at a class-leading 150 kilowatts at high speed public chargers – resulting in the fastest charging speed of any electric SUV. Charging at this speed translates to:
|Approximate charge time
(charging at 150 kW public chargers)
(actual range will vary)
|10 minutes||54 miles|
|30 minutes||163 miles|
- Powering the e-tron is a precisely developed battery. Positioned low in the vehicle within a protective honeycomb structure, the e-tron battery is engineered to utilize 88 percent, or 83.6 kWh, of the 95 kWh total battery capacity. This engineering approach ensures battery longevity, repeatable performance and peak charging power for longer amounts of time during the charge cycle.
- A revolutionary cooling system separates the battery modules from cooling fluid to maintain optimal efficiency and enhance performance for the long-term.
- The e-tron achieves 355 horsepower, and with Boost Mode engaged – unlocking the full power output of the vehicle – achieves an increased 402 horsepower, reaching 0-60 in 5.5 seconds.
- Unique to the e-tron, the MMI touch response® system features a detailed map displaying where drivers can travel on the vehicle’s current charge; and, for longer trips, the MMI system suggests charging stations along the route, noting the anticipated charge level upon arrival, resulting in increased range tranquility.
- Drivers can select the e-tron-specific virtual cockpit display, providing detailed charging, battery, route and infotainment information in the driver’s line of sight directly behind the steering wheel.
- Amazon Alexa is fully integrated into the e-tron, and, when combined with an active Audi connect PRIME subscription, enables virtually seamless access to news, information, music, audiobooks and control of Alexa-enabled devices directly from the e-tron steering wheel.
- The e-tron enables pioneering vehicle-to-infrastructure (V2I) technology including Traffic Light Information (TLI) and Green Light Optimized Speed Advisory (GLOSA) where available, and is the first Audi model to feature standard Toll Module Integration, eliminating the need for state-specifics transponders.
The right ecosystem: with an EPA-estimated range of 204 miles and robust network of support, the e-tron makes going electric easy
- A key benefit of electric vehicle ownership is the ability to wake up each day with a freshly charged vehicle. Understanding that more than 80 percent of charging takes place at home², Audi and Amazon Home Services collaborated to provide in-home installation of a Level 2 charging system, comprised of a 240 volt, NEMA 14-50 outlet, enabling the e-tron to be completely charged in approximately nine hours.
- 98 percent of all single-trip journey trips in the U.S. are under 50 miles³, meaning the Audi e-tron – with an EPA-certified range of 204 miles – is more than capable of everyday use. For the anticipated two percent of trips over 50 miles, e-tron drivers are supported by Electrify America’s nationwide charging network.
- By the end of 2019, the Electrify America network is expected to deploy nearly 2,000 chargers across 500 fast-charging sites throughout 42 states and within 17 metropolitan areas. Offering advanced charging, Electrify America’s chargers can deliver up to 350 kW to capable vehicles.
- Audi e-tron owners receive 1,000 kWh of charging – the equivalent of approximately 2,000 miles of range – from Audi at no additional cost for use at Electrify America fast-charging stations within the first four years of ownership.
- A complimentary suite of e-tron support services ensures confidence in going electric – including dedicated Audi electric vehicle customer service, robust roadside assistance and the all-new myAudi app for vehicle and charging station information.
Key specifications and pricing
|Horsepower||355 (402 with Boost Mode)|
|0-60 (seconds)||5.5 (with Boost Mode)|
|EPA-estimated range (miles)||204 (EPA-estimated)|
|MPGe (city/highway/combined)||74/73/74 MPGe (EPA-estimated)|
|Audi e-tron federal tax credit
(see energy.gov for eligibility details)
The Audi e-tron 50 quattro will complement the existing e-tron 55 quattro model, its 71 kWh battery and two electric motors providing for a range of up to 186 miles according to the WLTP test cycle and its 120kW charging capability facilitating recharging to 80 per cent capacity in around 30 minutes at fast-charging stations.
2019 Audi e-tron MPGe EPA estimates 74 city/73 highway/74 combined. EPA estimated total range is 204 miles. Actual mileage and range will vary and depend on several factors including driving and charging habits, accessory use, temperature and topography, battery age, and vehicle condition. Battery capacity decreases with time and use. See owner’s manual for details.
Driver Assistance features are not substitutes for attentive driving. See Owner’s Manual for further details, and important limitations.
Best in class charging speed claim based on manufacturer’s published data on maximum charging speed. Audi of America, Inc. defines the competitive segment as the 2019 Audi e-tron, Tesla Model X and Jaguar I-PACE.
Charging times will vary and depend on a variety of factors, including ambient temperature, charger type, battery condition, vehicle condition and others.
4,000 lbs maximum tow rating when properly equipped with towing accessories. Vehicle load, other accessories and options may reduce maximum towing capacity. Towing a trailer will affect vehicle range. See vehicle owner’s manual for details.
Prices listed are the Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Prices and do not include destination and delivery ($995), taxes, title, options, and dealer charges. Dealer sets actual price.
Amazon Alexa functionality requires active trial or paid Audi Connect PRIME subscription.
An individual who purchases an e-tron may be eligible for a federal tax credit of up to $7,500. Additional state incentives may also be available. Federal and state incentives are subject to change; please reference your state’s specific legislation regarding incentive eligibility as not all incentives may be applicable to every customer. The incentives referenced are for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute tax or legal advice. All persons considering use of available incentives should consult with their own tax or legal professional to determine eligibility, specific amount of incentives available, if any, and further details. The incentives are not within Audi’s control and are subject to change without notice. Interested parties should confirm the accuracy of the information before relying on it to make a purchase.
The approximately 2,000 miles of included charging claim is based on 2019 e-tron EPA-estimated range of 204 miles, and usage of 1,000 kWh hours of high-speed charging. Actual mileage and range will vary.