— Sandra Boynton (@SandyBoynton) October 2, 2018
NHTSA Tweeted that iit National Name Your Car Day!
Apparently the most common car name is Baby.
Cars.com found 53% of American drivers who name their cars give them a name that starts with the letter “b.” Of those who name their vehicles, 70% are men and “Baby” ranked as the No. 1 name.
The top 10 most popular car names are:
25% of Americans prefer silver cars. These stats were uncovered in the just-released 2018 National Name Your Car Day Survey commissioned by the GM BuyPower Card, which surveyed 1,276 licensed drivers across the country.
78 percent of drivers who have named their car say they know someone else who has named their car too· They’re Not Shy: 82 percent of those drivers said they share that name freely with family and friends· Wait It Out: 56 percent said car personality, make and model, and color influence a vehicle’s name, because of that, 43 percent of drivers wait to name their after they’ve owned it for a month· The Silver Bullet: Silver is most popular car color with a quarter (25%) of owners driving silver cars
Or that 25% of Americans prefer silver cars? These stats were uncovered in the just-released 2018 National Name Your Car Day Survey commissioned by the GM BuyPower Card, which surveyed 1,276 licensed drivers across the country.Here are some fun facts that the survey revealed:
* Women are 7% more likely than men to name their vehicles
* 55% of respondents personify vehicles as female
* 56% believe that a car’s personality, make and model, and color influence the vehicle’s name
* 78% of drivers who name their car know someone else who has named their car too
* 6% of all car names are Betsy and Betty,
* 66% of the vehicles on the road are at least 5 years old
* 51% of drivers estimate that they spend at least $1,000 per year toward their vehicle.
* Over 60% of drivers are seeking to upgrade their wheels wit
Additional survey findings include:
· 51% of drivers estimate that they spend at least $1,000 per year on their vehicle· 66% of the vehicles are at least 5 years old· 38% say they are more likely to buy American in their next car purchase vs 15% who say they are less likely to purchase American with their next car· Fuel efficiency (60%), Safety Ratings (48%), and on-road performance (43%) were the three most important factors in purchasing a new vehicle· 29% of respondents cited financing options as an important factor in the consideration of a new vehicle Capital One, N.A. is the issuer of the BuyPower Card. General Motors is responsible for the operation and administration of the Earnings program.