The single SIM solution meets the new GSMA specifications for the use of multiple operator profiles on a single SIM. AT&T claims they are the first carrier to to announce a global SIM designed to meet GSMA specifications
AT&T’s global SIM offers:
- Global service management platform with advanced diagnostic tools, smart process automation, machine monitoring, and alert/response capabilities.
- Global wireless M2M connectivity with access to hundreds of carriers worldwide.
- Integrated compatibility with global networks.
- Designed and built to the GSMA specification for remote provisioning.
The enhanced global SIM is available in select markets.
The GSMA’s vision is a world empowered by the capability to remotely provision mobile operator credentials onto a SIM .
The protocol includes:
- The remote over the air provisioning of a one (or more) operator credentials into a SIM.
- The remote over the air enablement /disablement of the operator credentials within the SIM.
- The deletion over the air of an operator credentials within a SIM.