- Subaru Outback ($40,705) for Starlink multimedia and hig-res touchscreen.
- Volkswagen Arteon ($44,055) for simple voice programming and stylish UX.
- Hyundai Palisade ($47,605)for its host of driver convenience and technology features.
- Chevrolet Blazer ($50,765) for new marketplace app for mobile shopping excellent natural language recognition and 4G LTE.
- Lexus RX 350 ($51,750) for the large, horizontal display screen, good voice controls and ergonomic mouse pad.
- Mercedes-Benz A220 ($51,925) for groundbreaking MBUX, displays and wide-screen cockpit.
- Range Rover Evoque ($59,215) for HUD, infotainment, Wi-Fi and up-to-date traffic.
- BMW 330i ($59,920)- for lighting fast phone pairing, and voice controls work quickly and flawlessly, even with natural speech commands.
- Ford Explorer ($61,330) for brilliant images, menus are well organized and as simple to navigate as any system on the market, with large tiles that are easy to tap and are well spaced to avoid clutter.
- Audi A8 ($101,095) for being high-tech, intuitive, visually stunning and luxurious. It features a detachable tablet.
The winners were user-friendly, easy-to-program, collision-avoidance technologies that are dependable and smartphone integration that is simple, allowing drivers safe access to text messages, emails and phone contacts while on the road.
In July and August, editors evaluated and scored 23 vehicles available in the U.S. with all-new or re-engineered UX features such as display screens, interfaces or apps. There is no price cap, but overall value is a consideration.
Honored automakers will receive their trophies on October 1 during the WardsAuto User Experience Conference at the Suburban Collection Showplace in Novi, MI. Winning vehicles will be on display.
New this year, attendees will be able to use their smartphones to cast live votes for their favorite winning vehicle on-display throughout the duration of the conference. The live voting will be displayed throughout the day in the ballroom to see where each vehicle is tracking. During the cocktail reception at the end of the conference, the fan favorite will be honored with a “Best in Show” trophy.