IgnitionOne’s latest Automotive Industry Report reveals that the global automotive market saw increased site visits, higher site engagement (driven by particularly high engagement in North America), strong growth through mobile devices, and growing interest in electric vehicles.
Customers in the millennial age bracket are continuing to spearhead this growth in mobile engagement, in part because more than one quarter of these younger audiences are now totally reliant on smartphones for online access. Other highlights include:
- Global site traffic has grown 4% since Q2 2017, primarily driven by high growth in the LATAM market.
- SUVs continue to dominate market share in North America, proving to be highly popular in a quarter with relatively stable fuel prices.
- Within the overall SUV segment, leads for small SUVs are outpacing leads for standard SUVs.
- Moves by auto manufacturers to reduce sedan production align with the decline in interest in compact cars, with Q2 site visits dropping by 2% compared to Q2 2017.
- The number of leads for electric vehicles (EVs) grew by more than 30% YoY in EMEA. Similar trends in the US show a 14% increase in EV leads year-on-year.
- The average level of site engagement grew by almost 9% in Q2 2018 compared to the same quarter last year, indicating higher potential purchase intent. This increase means that the growth in site visits also consists of better quality traffic, which in turn is positive indication of future sales growth.
Read full report here.