At this time, Hyundai has had no reports of affected corporate, dealership or manufacturing employees in the U.S.
Hyundai’s U.S. operations have taken the following proactive and preventive measures in response to the evolving coronavirus (COVID-19) situation. This information will be updated in real-time.
Hyundai Motor America
- Suspended all travel outside of North America and all non-essential travel within North America
- Any employees who have recently traveled to impacted areas overseas are working from home for 15 days prior to returning to work
- Sick employees with any illness are required to work from home
- Field employees who travel regularly are working from home and refraining from travel
- Provided employees with the CDC recommendations on preventative measures to reduce the spread of respiratory viruses, including coronavirus
- Readily providing hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes at headquarters and all of the regional offices
- Increased the cleaning frequency of high-touch areas like door knobs/handles, elevator buttons, and counter tops
- Restricting visitors at Hyundai facilities
- Training sessions at Hyundai Training Centers in Boston, San Jose, and Seattle have been suspended
- Cancellation or postponement of company events and programs, including no audience at the global reveal of the all-new 2021 Elantra on March 17 (event to be livestreamed) and upcoming dealer recognition trip, among others