Lexus is not only saying no to Apple and Android, but will be making Scout GPS Link available in 5 of their top-selling models.
Telenav announced that luxury vehicle brand Lexus will begin offering Scout GPS Link in its most popular and best-selling models: Lexus RX, Lexus IS, Lexus ES, Lexus NX and Lexus RCF equipped with Lexus Display Audio.
Powered by the smartphone and designed for the car, Scout GPS Link is a brought-in navigation solution truly optimized and tailored for the in-vehicle experience. As a brought-in solution, navigation and location-based services features on the smartphone are transferred to the vehicle’s multimedia display. The free smartphone app will soon be available on the Apple App store and Google Play. Connecting the app to the vehicle head unit is also a complimentary service provided to Lexus owners
The availability of Telenav’s Scout GPS Link customized for Lexus allows the company to further enhance the driver’s in-car experience. The navigation and search features are easily accessible via voice commands, as well as the Lexus rotary dial system.
“We are delighted that Scout GPS Link is Lexus’ brought-in navigation service of choice,“ said Sal Dhanani, president of Telenav’s Automotive Business Unit. “As a leader in this burgeoning world of connected mobility, connected car and location-based services, we understand and are aligned with Lexus’ desire to deliver a high quality experience coupled with providing drivers the luxury of convenience and safety.”
“The addition of Scout GPS Link means we are now offering navigation and search features in all Lexus models, from the entry-luxury segment through the highline,” said Jeff Bracken, Lexus group vice president and general manager. “We’re excited to be working with Telenav to bring this connected experience to drivers of our top-selling and most awarded vehicles.”
Scout GPS Link features available in select 2017 Lexus vehicles include:
- Seamless usage between phone and car: Scout GPS Link is fully functional outside the car with the mobile app, and transfers the experience to the car via Bluetooth® connection for a safe, drive-friendly search and turn-by-turn navigation experience.
- Simultaneous multimedia function: Drivers can enjoy multiple functions such as taking phone calls or listening to music, without disrupting audio navigation.
- Fast and convenient: Drivers can get on the road faster with easy rotary dial access to the Scout GPS Link home screen on the multimedia display. Search results, navigation routes, favorite locations and nearby points of interest are readily available in the car and on the go.
- Easy-to-follow directions and display: Voice-guided navigation with easy to see turn-by-turn views is designed to offer safer navigation without distraction.
- Enhanced search capabilities: Drivers can find the best places to eat and shop, get gas, and more, with intelligent, conversational search commands and quick access popular search categories.
- Voice activation and search commands: Points of Interests, addresses, real-time traffic based turn-by-turn navigation and audio-guided navigation are all accessible by using simple voice commands. Drivers can keep their hands on the wheel and their eyes on the road.
Scout GPS Link will be included in the following award-winning 2017 Lexus models, which begin arriving at Lexus dealerships this fall:
- Lexus RX: Best-selling midsize luxury CUV and Lexus’ No.1 seller
- Lexus NX: 2016 Insurance Institute for Highway Safety Top Safety Pick
- Lexus IS: 2016 Best Resale Value for Luxury Brand
- Lexus RCF: 2015 World Luxury Car of the Year Award Finalist
- Lexus ES: 2016 Insurance Institute for Highway Safety Top Safety Pick Plus