Ford announced the grand prize winner of the winner of the a Connected Car-Connected City App Pursuit at the 2014 Los Angeles Auto Show Connected Car Expo – FuelSignal that connects to Ford vehicles with Ford SYNC.
FuelSignal uses data provided by the city of Los Angeles. FuelSignal is a GPS application that enables drivers to find the nearest gas station and get discounts. It is also available as a free app without being connected to the car’s data.
Users sign-up to receive discounted fuel prices and earn loyalty credits for use at gas stations and associated convenience stores.
The user’s smartphone is connected to Ford SYNC, FuelSignal monitors vehicle fuel level through the AppLink. When the fuel level drops low, the application provides an alert, enabling the driver to find the nearest gas station with a discounted price.
FuelSignal allows the drivers to pay for gas using a mobile wallet at the pump via AppLink. Every purchase completed through the app earns loyalty credits and discounts.
Once a week FuelSignal draws a lucky prizewinner for a $50 gas card. FuelSignal is currently only available Austin, TX. We should expect Los Angeles soon.
Team FuelSignal will be awarded a feature announcement with Ford at the 2015 International CES in Las Vegas.
- Live Drive from Cox Automotive Group in Irvine, California.
- Joyride from RockFish in Cincinnati, OH,
- Pure Focus from IBM Pure Focus in Allen Park, MI,
- Map Radio from Inov IT, Pesnica Slovenia.
- Trace from Concur Technologies in Bellevue, WA
- myLifeSync from LocBridge is an intelligent companion inside and outside the car.
- Ford iAlert app locates the car and other safety features.
- 3sAcrowd is used for when there are others in the car.