If you wish to participate on AUTO Connected Car News, we acknowledge that you are entitled to express your opinion, however we decline to publish unacceptable content. Specifically:
We agree to agree and to disagree-as strongly as need be-without crossing the boundaries into unacceptable content (see below). AUTO Connected Car declines to publish unacceptable content.
Everything published on AUTO Connected Car is content: Your posts, comments, forum messages, poll responses, audio, video, text, images, you name it. We embrace your diversity of opinions and values(see above) but we insist that your content may not include anything unacceptable.
We define unacceptable content as anything included or linked that is:
- Being used to abuse, harass, stalk or threaten a person or persons.
- Libelous, defamatory, knowingly false or misrepresents another person.
- Infringes upon any copyright, trademark, trade secret or patent of any third party. (If you quote or excerpt someone’s content, it is your responsibility to provide proper attribution to the original author. For a clear definition of proper attribution and fair use, please see The Electronic Frontier Foundation’s Legal Guide for Bloggers at this URL: http://www.eff.org/bloggers/lg/.) Violates any obligation of confidentiality.
- Violates the privacy, publicity, moral or any other right of any third party.
- Contains editorial content that has been commissioned and paid for by a third party, (either cash or goods in barter), and/or contains paid advertising links and/or SPAM or “Stupid Pointless Annoying Messages.” For our purposes, we define SPAM as anything that qualifies as nonsense unrelated to the discussion, either in comments on a blog or in our forums. This nonsense may take classic forms (e.g., simple links to unrelated content that are often advertising or e-commerce), or more insidious forms.
- Anything that mentions personal information or threats about authors or editors.
- Comments that are snarky, negative or are disparaging upon the author.
- Commenters who continually repost the same information and takes server sources away from others.
- Commenters who threaten or take up too much time.
Our editors define and determine what is “unacceptable content” on a case-by-case basis-and our definitions are not limited to this list.
We have a policy of not degrading any race, sex, author or product. We do not publish swear and highly negative words.
We reserve the right to change these standards at any time with no notice. We also reserve the right to remove links to any content at any time.
We welcome your help upholding these community guidelines.
We also invite you to contact us whenever you see content that violates these guidelines. You contributions are important to us, and we trust that you will honor these guidelines and make AUTO Connected Car News your home.