AUTO Connected Car News’ Tech CARS (Technology of Connected Autos Rated Superior) Awards where launched in the fall of 2014. Nominations are announced in December and voting takes place until late January.
It is the only industry award based on verified popular votes. The categories may change over the years, however, the quality of the winners remains absolutely stellar.
2014 AUTO Connected Car News’ Tech CARS Award Winners
- Overall Best Implementation of Any New Car Tech to Make Lives Easier or Better – GM for OnStar’s 4G LTE with Wi-Fi hotspots.
- Best Implementation of Connected Car Tech with Smartphones – Ford SYNC AppLink developer apps.
- Best Electric Car Feature in 2014 (Co-Sponsored by Electric Car Insider) – AWD Tesla S for Dual Motor All Wheel Drive.
- Edsel Yugo Award for Biggest Snafu in Connected Car Technology 2014 – Apple’s Bluetooth issues with iOS Updates 8-8.1 iPhone 6/6+ with in-car systems which garnered over 3/4 of the votes.
- Best Deployment of ADAS Features in 2014 – Volvo City Safety with auto-braking.
- Best CarPlay Deployment in 2014 – Pioneer NEX Systems. Including
- Best OBDII Port Connected Device in 2014 – Mojio.
Best Anti-Texting App – OTTER App tied with AT&T DriveMode. .
- The Best Car Tech Connected Car Trade Show, Exhibition or Symposium – Connected Car Expo at the LA Auto Show.
2015 AUTO Connected Car News’ Tech CARS Award Winners:
- Security, Software, Apps & Bluetooth
- Best Smartphone Integration, Maps, Apps & Personality/Celebrity.
- OBD, Anticipated, Trade Show & Public Relations.
- Best Self-Driving Car, ADAS Tech and Worst SNAFU.
2016 AUTO Connected Car News’ Tech CARS Award Winners
- Best Telematics, Mainstream EV and Automotive Chipmaker.
- Best App or Mobile Web Experience.
- Best New Aftermarket Connected Car Device to Help Connect to Smartphones & Other Features.
- Best Connected Technology – Overall, ADAS and Autonomous.
- Best Connected Car Trade Show.
- Best Automotive Repair App or Website.
- Best Analyst or Connected Car Celebrity
- Best Luxury EV, Hybrid or Plug-in Hybrid Vehicle.
- Edsel Yugo Award for Biggest Tech SNAFU.
Tech CARS Winners Best Autonomous Philosophy, EV Batteries, CyberSecurity and LiDAR.
Companies presented news releases in the past as winners were Cars.com, Strategy Analytics, Zubie, Kahn Media and TU-Detroit.
To receive notification of winners you must sign up for the ACN Tech CARS Award Newsletter: