The 2018 LA Auto Show will feature a stellar line-up of brand-new attractions and activations for visitors of all ages to enjoy. Guests can expect to see virtual reality gaming, racing challenges, celebrity meet-and-greets and even opportunities to adopt a pet at this year’s show. With more than one million square feet of activations and experiences, there is something for everyone at this year’s LA Auto Show.
Among the many special events and experiences slated for this year’s celebration of car culture, LA Auto Show attendees can participate in Hyundai’s racing challenge in which players will compete for fastest lap times as well as Jaguar Land Rover’s virtual reality race world where drivers can put their skills to the test. Airstream, the iconic maker of the silver bullet travel trailer, will be new to the show floor this year, and have two of its newest, most design-forward trailers – the Basecamp and Nest – inside the Breezeway for LA Auto Show guests to experience in person. Another LA Auto Show newcomer, Icona Design Group, will debut its electric autonomous concept vehicle – the ICONA Nucleus – at LA Auto Show’s AutoMobility LA. The Icona Nucleus will be available for guests to check during the LA Auto Show until Dec. 9. Pet adoptions sponsored by DoVE Project, Subaru and Volvo will all take place at this year’s show as well.
“Alongside the vehicle debuts and conversations surrounding the evolution of the automotive and technology spaces, the Los Angeles Auto Show is also about providing visitors with novel experiences each year,” said Terri Toennies, Executive Vice President and General Manager of the LA Auto Show and AutoMobility LA. “We are very excited with the activations taking place across the nearly one million square feet of our show’s campus. From top-of-the-line VR technology and video gaming areas, to a designated kids-zone, we have something for anyone who comes to the LA Auto Show.”
Details on activations, displays and experiences taking places at the 2018 LA Auto Show include:
- Interactive Experiences
- Hyundai Racing Simulator: With two tournaments held per day throughout the duration of the show, players (18+) will compete to see who achieves the best lap times and compete to win an XBOX and other exciting prizes.
- Jaguar Land Rover Virtual Reality Experience: Guests can hop into a virtual reality race world and challenge their driving skills with this ultimate test-drive experience.
- Technologically-Advanced Transportation & Solutions
- Icona Design Group: The Italian-based company will be presenting its autonomous vehicle, the ICONA Nucleus, which will also be available for guests to check out during the LA Auto Show.
- URB-E: The world’s most innovative foldable electric scooter will have a display with a live demonstration space available.
- Family Fun
- Pet Adoptions: Visitors are invited to stop by the Subaru booth located in the West Hall to play with some adorable furry friends, and make a personalized pet tag or chew toy for your own pet, or make one to donate to a pet in need. Donations are welcome and all proceeds will go to Best Friends Animal Society. Additionally, the DoVE Project (Dogs of Violence Exposed) will also have dogs available for adoption on the Breezeway Dec. 1-2 and Dec. 8-9.
- Celebrity Appearances
- Deontay Wilder and Tyson Fury Heavyweight Boxing Weigh-In: WBC World Champion Deontay Wilder and lineal champion Tyson Fury will partake in a weigh-in at the Los Angeles Convention Center during the LA Auto Show on Nov. 30. The boxing match, taking place on Nov. 30 at STAPLES Center, is considered the most significant heavyweight fight in the U.S. since Mike Tyson fought Lennox Lewis in 2002.
- DJ Henry Fong: Enjoy a set from one of BBC Radio 1’s Future Stars as he deejays the opening night of the LA Auto Show from the Lexus Customs display.
- Dustin Brown of the LA Kings: Dustin Brown, the youngest and first American to be named captain of the LA Kings, will be at the Toyota Exhibit in South Hall on Dec. 1 at 1:00 pm.
- Laker Girls: A Los Angeles staple, the Laker Girls will be in the Toyota exhibit in South Hall on Dec. 1 at 1:00 pm.
- The Hoonigans: The Hoonigan hosts will take over the Amazon Game Studios exhibit to race show goers, contest winners, motorsport icons, and celebrities on The Grand Tour Video Game.