The new Corolla Hatchback’s Aero Stabilizing Fins located on its taillights also combat wind drone and it has updated technology to boot. Infotainment features include srd Entune 3.0 audio with 8-inch Touchscreen, Wi-Fi Connect, Amazon Alexa Integration, and Apple CarPlay. It is the first North American application of Standard Toyota Safety Sense 2.0.
There’s no shortage of entertainment and connectivity capability inside Corolla Hatchback either. For SE, standard Entune 3.0 Audio includes 8-in. touchscreen; six speakers; Apple CarPlay compatibility; Amazon Alexa; Entune 3.0 App Suite Connect; Safety Connect; Wi-Fi Connect; Scout GPS Link Compatible; Siri Eyes Free; Auxiliary audio jack and USB 2.0 port with iPod connectivity and control; AM/FM; MP3/WMA playback capability; Voice Recognition training and tutorials; Hands-free phone capability; voice recognition and music streaming via Bluetooth; Customizable Home Screen; and Weather/Traffic info via Entune 3.0 App Suite.
Entune 3.0 Audio Plus, which is standard on XSE and optional on SE CVT, adds HD Radio and Weather/Traffic info; SiriusXM with Cache Radio; Entune 3.0 Connected Services; Service Connect; Remote Connect. Topping the range is Entune 3.0 Audio Premium that’s optional on XSE CVT. The system includes a JBL 8-speaker 800-watt system with Clari-Fi; Dynamic Voice Recognition; Dynamic Navigation; Dynamic POI Search; and Destination Assist Connect.
The JBL audio experience with Clari-Fi – having such a complete orchestration of advanced power output, hardware, structure, and software – is engineered to impress even the most perceptive audiophile.
Other JBL audio system highlights include:
- Free Standing Horn Tweeters
- Located in the A-pillar at ear level for optimal high-frequency performance
- Next-Generation HID8 Amplifier
- 800-watts of total power, with better performance and efficiency
- 6.7-inch Door Subwoofers
- More powerful deep-bass response
- Premium JBL Branding
- Located on A-pillar, door trim, and head unit
- Sealed Inner Door Panels
- Promote cleaner, more power bass
- Wide Dispersion Midrange Speakers
- Provide full range sound for rear passengers
- Clari-Fi Technology
- Analyzes, rebuilds, and restores audio signals that were lost In the digital compression process
Rounding off Corolla Hatchback’s connectivity are two USB terminals (located inside the center console and instrument panel) and one AUX port (located on the instrument panel).
New Safety Tech
Toyota continues to lead the pack when it comes to safety, and the all-new Corolla Hatchback provides drivers and passengers with standard safety technologies that take one step closer to achieving the ultimate goal of zero casualties from traffic accidents.
Corolla Hatchback comes standard with TSS 2.0, the second generation of Toyota Safety Sense (TSS). The updated safety package adds new active-safety technologies and capabilities that enhance protection.
Breakdowns of each technology are as follows:
- Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection (PCS w/PD):
- Capability to detect a preceding vehicle or pedestrian in daytime or nighttime (nighttime is new), or daytime bicyclist (new), and alert the driver (audible and visual warnings) and/or apply brakes to help mitigate or avoid the collision in certain cases (using Forward Collision Warning (FCW), Brake Assist (BA), and Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB)).
- Full-Speed Range Dynamic Radar Cruise Control (Full-Speed DRCC):
- For highways/freeways only. Full-Speed Range DRCC is standard on all Corolla Hatchback models, except those equipped with a manual transmission. Those having a manual transmission are equipped with DRCC. Full-Speed Range DRCC is an adaptive cruise control that is designed to function at speeds between 0 to 110 mph and enables low-speed speed matching, stopping, and acceleration/deceleration relative to a preceding vehicle traveling at a slower speed. Speed, cut-in, and distance control enhanced, as well as Turn Signal Linked control added, for a more natural response.
- Dynamic Radar Cruise Control (DRCC) – Manual Only
- DRCC uses vehicle-to-vehicle distance control, which adjusts vehicle speed, to help maintain a preset distance from vehicles ahead that are driving at a slower speed. DRCC uses a front-grille-mounted radar and an in-vehicle camera to detect vehicles and their distance. If a driver is traveling slower than you, or within your preset range, DRCC will automatically slow your vehicle down without deactivating cruise control. If DRCC determines your vehicle needs to slow down more, an audio and visual alert notifies you and brakes are applied. When there’s no longer a vehicle driving slower than your set speed in front of you, DRCC will then accelerate and regular cruise control will resume.
- Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist (LDA w/SA):
- Newly added to LDA w/SA is the capability, under some circumstances, to detect the road’s edge, in addition to the pre-existing capability to detect visible lane markers and the vehicle’s position in the lane. If unintentional lane deviation is detected, the system alerts the driver with audible and visual warnings. Steering Assist provides small corrective steering inputs momentarily to help the driver prevent the vehicle from unintentionally leaving its lane.
- Automatic High Beam (AHB):
- Capability to automatically activate and deactivate high beams based on driving environment and preceding vehicle’s lights.
- (NEW) Lane Tracing Assist (LTA):
- For highways/freeways only and can be enabled when using DRCC – Capability to recognize white or yellow lane markings or the path of a preceding vehicle if lane markers are temporarily not available; to identify and actively track the center of the lane by providing steering assistance to the driver (hands-on, driver-assist system). Reduces driver burden and supports safe driving, especially in traffic congestion or long highway trips. The LTA system can be turned on/off.
- (NEW) Road Sign Assist (RSA):
- Capability to identify certain Stop, Yield, Do Not Enter and Speed Limit signs and display a warning (visual and audible alerts). Alerts vary based on sign type and are displayed on the Multi-Information Display.
The 2019 Corolla Hatchback has seven standard airbags and Toyota’s Star Safety System, which includes Enhanced Vehicle Stability Control, Traction Control, Electronic Brake-force Distribution, Brake Assist, Anti-lock Braking System, and Smart Stop Technology. Blind Spot Monitor (BSM) is standard on XSE and available on SE. (Please note: BSM does not include Rear Cross Traffic Alert.) Corolla Hatchback also comes equipped with a standard backup camera.