The Los Angeles Auto Show announced that it will host 35 press conferences over the course of AutoMobility LA (formerly the Connected Car Expo,”a trade show for the new transportation sector, on Nov. 27-30, 2017 at the Los Angeles Convention Center. Media and industry professionals from around the world will be able to see more tha 60 global and North American debut vehicles at the show. Following AutoMobility LA, all of this year’s debut vehicles will be on display at the 2017 LA Auto Show (open to the public December 1-10).
- BMW: eight cars and one motorcycle – including two world premieres.
- Porsche; Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid Sport Turismo at AutoMobility LA and three more sports cars making their international debut.
- Mercedes-Benz CLS.
- Jeep Wrangler.
- Hyundai’s Kona NA debut.
- Hyundai technology announcement.
- Mitsubishi’s Eclipse Cross NA
- Toyota global vehicle premiere
- Lexus global premier.
- Nissan new CUV and “Star Wars: The Last Jedi” themed vehicles
- Toyota will make an additional announcement at AutoMobility LA focusing on a new hydrogen infrastructure project.
- Chevrolet global and NA reveals.
- Saleen Automotive will celebrate the global reveal of its latest vehicle, which is a result of lessons learned over 35 years of car tuning, manufacturing and racing.
Conferences from startups from Los Angeles byAmpere, Arcimoto, REDSPACE and
Garage for Tinkerers and Fans
Organizers of the Los Angeles Auto Show announced the return of The Garage, powered by Prestone®, and GO. In its second year, The Garage, a unique destination in lower South Hall, will feature one-of-a-kind vehicles, the hottest aftermarket parts and accessories, customized rides and more. GO, located in the South Hall Atrium and the breezeway, will once again be a favorite of smart mobility fans interested in scooters, kickboards and electric bikes.
Prestone, celebrating its 90-year anniversary, will be displaying more than 25 vehicles including its 1971 De Tomaso Pantera, built by the Ringbrothers; a custom 1966 Chevrolet C/10 Street Truck dubbed “Unruly;” and its most recent reveal, a custom 1972 AMC Javelin, also built by the Ringbrothers. Prestone will also feature the top cars from its uniquely diverse 90th Anniversary Rally preceding the LA Auto Show.
Alongside Prestone, brands exhibiting in The Garage this year include the following:
- AirWolf 3D: Check out “The World’s Most 3D-Printed Hellcat,” a 2016 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat loaded with custom parts 3D-printed on AirWolf 3D printers.
- Ivan Tampi Customs: The self-taught automotive designer will be displaying his customized Corvette kits, including his latest design, the XIK Widebody Kit for the C7 Corvette Stingray.
- K1 Speed: The nation’s premiere kart racing company will have their signature go-karts on display for photo opportunities, in addition to a spin-the-wheel prize giveaway.
- Yamaha: The iconic manufacturer will display water crafts, e-bikes, ATVs, 4×4, motorcycles and helicopter drones, in addition to partnering with the music division to feature a Disklavier piano, amps, guitars and musical performances by a garage band.