More new vehicles will be revealed at the LA Auto Show and we getting details a little bit at a time. Many of the events will be streamed live Pacific Time. Since we will be at the LA Auto Show and AutoMobility LA this Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday when these events will be happening, here is the complete schedule of reveals. Many press conferences will live-streamed. If you are working during the live stream, automakers usually offer edited video of the reveal to view on a latter date. We combed through the schedule of news conferences to be prepared.
Update 11/29/2017: We have completed a round-up of all the vehicles revealed today at the LA Auto Show. Please read it and let us know what cars you like the best.
Tuesday AutoMobility Tech Announcements
- Hyundai – we suspect some kind of wireless connected car service.
- Vulog does virtual reality for auto dealers and will most likely show its technology.
- Microsoft has been pushing it Azure cloud service and Cortana voice service they are also sponsoring contests. We suspect a technology annocement.
- Analog Devices is an exhibitor at AutoMobility LA. It makes inertial combo sensors that bringstogether best-in-class reliability and accuracy with industry leading shock and vibration immunity at a reduced footprint. The integration of up to four degrees of freedom in a single device allows system designers to reduce the size of the electronic control unit (ECU) required in today’s automotive safety systems. We believe that they will make some kind of new product announcement.
But that’s not all the entire day is devoted to speeches and discussions by BMW Group, Panasonic and Waymo, Jan Carlson, CEO of Autoliv will discuss how to make autonomous products easy to use. The lineup on Tuesday for connected car fans includes:
- Christian von Koenigsegg, CEO of Koenigsegg
- Peter Rawlinson, CTO of Lucid Motors.
- Georg Bauer, President and Co-Founder of Fair.com
- Boris von Bormann, CEO of Mercedes-Benz Energy Americas
- Paul DeLorean, CEO of DeLorean Aerospace
- Sertac Karaman, Founder and President of Optimus Ride.
- Ashish Kumar, CEO of Zunum Aero.
- Mark McNabb, CEO of Electrify America.
- Matt Petersen, President and CEO of the Los Angeles Cleantech Incubator
- Gill Pratt, CEO of Toyota Research Institute – which leads us to believe Toyota will have a safety or autonomous car announcement.
Wednesday is the big day for the LA Show with announcements non-stop.
News Conferences Day One.
BMW will show eight cars and one motorcycle – including two world premieres. It has been rumored that BMW will reveal the i8 Roadster. The LA Auto Show lists the following BMW vehicles on display:
BMW M3 CS
The first-ever BMW M3 CS will make its world debut in Los Angeles. The special-edition model delivers a fine blend of high performance and complete everyday practicality. The extensive use of carbon fiber-reinforced plastic has kept the BMW M3 CS extremely light, around 110 pounds less than a standard M3.
The 2018 BMW M5 marks the debut of the first ever M-specific all-wheel drive system, M xDrive, which allows the BMW M5 to reach new heights of dynamic performance and delivers poise in all driving situations.
BMW 6 Gran Turismo
The all-new BMW 6 Series Gran Turismo is offered exclusively in the BMW 640i xDrive variant and has a distinct coupe-inspired aerodynamic design.
BMW X7 iPerformance Concept
The BMW X7 iPerformance Concept introduces a new model concept for the premium segment that utilizes BMW eDrive technology with a BMW TwinPower Turbo petrol engine cJareating an exceptionally efficient and dynamic plug-in hybrid powertrain that excels in all driving situations, including running with zero local emissions. With a generously-sized, six-person interior, the BMW X7 iPerformance Concept offers an interior with a state-of-the-art infotainment system brimming with connectivity that provide an unmatched experience by any BMW past or present. As a result of the interplay between precise, pared-down forms and an open sense of space, the driver and passengers are immersed in a unique, modern setting.
BMW i Vision Dynamics
The BMW i Vision Dynamics is an all-electric, emission-free four-door Gran Coupe that accelerates from 0-60 mph in 4.0 seconds, has a top speed of 120 mph with a range of 373 miles.
Mercedes Benz CLS
With the third generation of the CLS, Mercedes-Benz is now building more strongly than ever on the aura and unique character of this trendsetting model. The CLS is a visual treat with its modern, dynamic design that at the same time exudes sensual purity, arouses emotions and, to top it all off, presents high-tech in perfect fashion. With straightforward sportiness, thrilling flowing lines and high-grade materials on the level of a luxury vehicle, the ambience of the Mercedes-Benz CLS is modern, luxurious and at the same time sporty. The Mercedes-Benz CLS certainly places great emphasis on exclusivity and functionality.
It expected to have a hybrid drivetrain and be a luxury four-door coupe with body style in line with E-Class and S-Class cars.
Mercedes-AMG Project One
The high-performance plug-in hybrid drive system of the Mercedes-AMG Project ONE comes directly from Formula 1, and was realised in close cooperation with the motorsport experts of Mercedes-AMG High Performance Powertrains in Brixworth. It consists of a highly integrated and intelligently networked unit comprising one hybrid, turbocharged combustion engine with a total of four electric motors. One has been integrated into the turbocharger, another has been installed directly on the combustion engine with a link to the crankcase and the two remaining motors drive the front wheel.
On display will be, 2018 Mercedes-Benz AMG GT4, 2018 Mercedes-Benz AMG GLE43 Coupe,
2018 Mercedes-Benz AMG G63, 2018 Mercedes-Benz C300 Cabriolet, 3018 Mercedes-Benz CLA250 4MATIC and 2018 Mercedes-Benz GLS550
Lexus – RX 350L
Lexus will premier all-new 2018 RX 350L, which will have three rows. The hybrid model, the RX 450hL, will also be announced.
Mazda -Mazda Motor will unveil a thoroughly re-engineered and refined Mazda6 sedan (known as Mazda Atenza in Japan). Mazda CX-5, which adopts the same SKYACTIV-G 2.5 with cylinder deactivation as the new Mazda6, will both make their North American debut at the L.A. Auto Show.
Porsche: Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid Sport Turismo at AutoMobility LA and three more sports cars making their international debut.
The new Lincoln MKC will have a changed grille, more horsepower, improved interior and new tech enhancements.
Nissan is expected to reveal a new CUV and Star Wars Themed vehicles.
Mitsubishi Motors Corporation (MMC) is to debut its new Eclipse Cross compact SUV.
Volvo Cars will reveal new SUV the Volvo XC40 and reveal details on Care by Volvo, a new subscription-based program that will make having a car as easy as owning a cell phone.
Hyundai is expect to debut one or more of its eight new or re-engineered crossover utility vehicles (CUVs) scheduled until 2020.
The 2018 Jeep Wrangler The Wrangler delivers even more legendary Jeep 4×4 capability, a modern design that stays true to the original, advanced fuel-efficient powertrains, more open-air options, and is loaded with more safety features and advanced technology than ever before.
Big Subaru Ascent
Subaru of America Inc. has confirmed it will introduce the biggest Subaru yet at the 2017 Los Angeles Auto Show – the all-new 2019 Ascent. The first full three-row SUV from Subaru, the Ascent is family-sized, versatile and capable.
The reveal will be streamed live from the auto show on November 28, 2017. Please visit www.subaru.com for additional information.
Day Two LA Auto Show Premiers, Thursday November 30
- Toyota will make an announcement at the Technology Pavillion – will Dr. Gil Pratt make a return? Toyota did announce it will reveal a new hydrogen infrastructure project.
- Toyota Toyota will premiere and live stream the Future Toyota Adventure Concept (FT-AC) at 9:00 am Thursday.
- Kia has not leaked news, however we suspect a crossover.
- Nissan will debut a new crossover and Star Wars themed vehicles.
- Saleen Automotive will celebrate the global reveal of its latest vehicle, which is a result of lessons learned over 35 years of car tuning, manufacturing and racing.
- INFINITI will reveal an all-new model QX50 at the 2017 Los Angeles Auto Show, with world-first technologies, stand-out design and class-leading interior space. It features ProPilot autonomous driving.
- Acrimoto – makes of the world’s first Fun Utility Vehicle (FUV) — an affordable and practical pure electric vehicle for everyday commuters and fleets based on a motorcycle platform.
- Aria form Orange County will reveal a super sports cars.
- Other reveals from Polaris, SONDOR, Ampere, REDSPACE.
Jaguar Land Rover Booth
Jaguar will show the Jaguar XJR575, 2018 Land Rover Discovery SVX Concept,2018 Land Rover Range Rover SVA, Jaguar XF Sportbrake, Jaguar I-PACE and Jaguar E-PACE..
Audi is expected to debut a new vehicle. It could be the new Audi A8, in its fourth generation, serves as a leader in the luxury sedan segment. The all-new A8 delivers a serene interior design, usable technology that seamlessly connects drivers and passengers to their digital lives and driver assistance technologies that allow everyone to arrive more relaxed. The A8 redefines future premium and leads all that is to come in the Audi model portfolio.
Hackathon Winners to Be Revealed
AutoMobility LA, the first true trade show for the new transportation sector,announced its impressive list of sponsors, judges and prizes for this year’s Hackathon competition presented by Honda Innovations, which will take place Nov. 27-28 at the Los Angeles Convention Center.
Developers will have 24 hours to use data, APIs, software and vehicles provided by the City of L.A. and Honda to address mobility challenges posed by dynamic cities when hosting large scale global sporting events. Potential solutions for drivers and passengers could include everything from app-based transportation innovations to virtual reality technology.
The winner of the 2017 AutoMobility LA Hackathon will be determined by an esteemed panel of judges comprised of the following:
Erik Robinson, Vice President, AAA – Auto Club Enterprises
John Moon, Managing Director, Strategic Partnerships, Honda Innovations
Olabisi Boyle, Senior Director, IoT Global Connected Car, VISA
Roberto Baldwin, Senior Editor, Engadget
Seleta Reynolds, General Manager, Los Angeles Department of Transportation
The Hackathon winners will be announced and awarded on the main stage inside the Technology Pavilion on Wednesday, Nov. 29 at 3:30 p.m. The grand prize winner will receive $7,500, while the second place and third place winners will receive $2,500 and $1,000, respectively.