The connected car event for the Mobile World Congress Americas is the Connnected Vehicles Summi. There will also be wireless carriers service the automotive industry. Adobe will be demonstrating a it new cloud product.
The brochure for MWCA Connected Vehicles Summit notes that the push towards driverless, smart and connected vehicles inevitably place the telecommunications industry at the heart of this innovation, and partnerships are flourishing to deliver autonomous, driverless and smart vehicles. The implementation of technology allows users to customise their shared car experience through music, car layout and even where they are located. The vehicle is becoming far more than a means to get from point A to B.
Feature speackers of Connected Vehicles Summit include:
- Liz Kerton, Executive Director, Autotech Council.
- Chris Pendleton, Principal PM Manager, Azure IoT, Microsoft.
- Don Butler, Executive Director for Connected Vehicles and Services, Ford Motor Company.
- Hakan Kostepen, Executive Director, Product Planning Strategy & Innovation, Panasonic Automotive Systems America.
- Matt Marshall, Founder and CEO, VentureBeat.
- Andres Irlando, CEO, Verizon Telematics.
AT&T will display its latest innovations across IoT, entertainment, security and more, including: an interactive experience that demonstrates the features of in-vehicle connectivity, plus learn how AT&T is connecting long-haul trucks. Smart Cities: shows how AT&T is helping cities integrate Smart City solutions, like Digital Infrastructure, to accelerate economic growth and create safer and more sustainable cities.
South Korea’s KT Corporation will highlight its work in advanced 5G technologies and 5G-related services. KT is the official telecommunications service partner for the upcoming Pyeongchang Winter Olympics 2018 and will exhibit relevant and innovative 5G and ICT technologies.
MasterCard will showcase Masterpass, which will demonstrate how a consumer gets a faster checkout experience in store with tap and pay. Masterpass is the digital payment service that enables MasterCard’s customers (banks and other partners) to provide digital wallets to their customers. It’s also MasterCard’s digital acceptance for roughly 340,000 merchants to enable online and in-app purchases, and at more than 6 million merchant locations in approximately 96 countries that accept contactless payments. With Masterpass, MasterCard became the first and only network to deliver an omni-channel all-digital payment service for issuers, merchants and consumers.
Innovation City Enables Attendees To:
- Experience how the San Diego Ambulance service uses the GSMA’s Mobile Connect authentication service to access patient records at the scene of an accident.
- See how Smart City solutions and IoT Big Data are helping to keep cities cleaner and improve air quality.
- Understand the impact of low power wide area Mobile IoT networks and how they are helping to connect billions of new IoT applications.
Adobe Automotive Cloud
Adobe announced new automotive focused analytics, personalization and advertising capabilities in Adobe Experience Cloud that give automotive brands the ability to deliver unique consumer experiences. For auto makers and in-car app developers, customer data across various touch points can now be leveraged to inform different types of content including personalized playlists, on-route recommendations and audio ads. The 10 largest automakers in the world already use Adobe Experience Cloud to deliver customer experiences, and Adobe is working with these brands along with ecosystem players like Automotive Grade Linux project to advance new digital in-car capabilities.
New connected car capabilities in Experience Cloud include:
- Understanding Drive Time Behavior: Adobe is extending its measurement capabilities in Adobe Analytics Cloud so brands can begin to capture behavioral signals in the car such as voice interactions. Merged with customer data from other channels, these insights will drive truly personalized experiences. For example, a recommendation service could deliver a fast food restaurant promotion based on location data and known preferences. With AI and machine learning in Adobe Sensei, brands have a better pulse on user behavior through automated analysis and recommendations. If a voice interaction failed and forced the driver to use the touchscreen for example, brands can be notified and improve the experience.
- Delivering Personalized In-Car Content: Data insights can be optimized and actioned through solutions in Adobe Marketing Cloud. Adobe Experience Manager lets brands design, manage and serve contextual and engaging experiences such as music or news content on in-car screens. Adobe Target allows brands to perform and optimize different content variations in the car while Adobe Campaign gives brands a delivery platform for in-car messages in any format enabling regular one-on-one personalized engagement with drivers and passengers. A car maker could deliver a tailored audio message for a new and customized lease offer, for example.
- Serving Targeted Audio Ads: As top digital radio and streaming music apps continue to be added to the in-car experience, Adobe Advertising Cloud offers targeted buying of audio ads as part of its cross-channel offering. Advertisers can further personalize in-car audio ads using first-party data as well as a listener’s favorite artists and music genres. And once a driver hears an ad, marketers can retarget audiences across other channels – including video, display, social and search – to drive message recall and conversions.
The GSMA announced the launch of its Disaster Response Innovation Fund to spur development of mobile technology solutions to assist and empower people and communities affected by humanitarian emergencies, and to strengthen disaster prevention, preparedness and response. The Fund is backed by the UK Department for International Development (DFID) and supported by the GSMA and its members.