The 2018 Chrysler Pacifica and Pacifica Hybrid have many connected featues including 4G LTE network connectivity in the upgraded Uconnect 4C NAV system with 8.4-inch display with unlimited data plans for Wi-Fi hotspots for $20 a month. UConnect comes with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.
Over-the-air software update capability, deployed automatically via wireless cellular networks, enables product enhancements, security updates and improved compatibility with mobile devices to be applied at no cost to FCA US vehicle owners and without a service appointment.
The class-exclusive Uconnect Theater system can stream using the 4G hotspot to HDMI connected devices such as Amazon Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast or Apple TV. Wi-Fi hotspots can connect up to eight devices.
For 2018, Chrysler Pacifica Touring Plus, Touring L, Touring L Plus and Limited models, and Pacifica Hybrid Touring Plus, Touring L and Limited models, offer several different data plans from AT&T, including:
- Standalone unlimited plan offers unlimited data at $20 per month.
- Add your vehicle to your existing Mobile Share Value or Advantage plan, receive 1 GB of data, for $10/month.
- Day pass offers 250MB at $5.
On-demand 4G Wi-Fi hotspot capability is also available in select model-year 2018 FCA US vehicles equipped with the Uconnect 4C or 4C NAV system with an 8.4-inch display.
Uconnect 4 system, equipped with smartphone integrations of Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, is also availlabe on the Dodge Durango and Durango SRT; Jeep Grand Cherokee, Grand Cherokee SRT, Renegade, and Ram 1500, 2500/3500 Heavy Duty and Chassis Cab, and Fiat 500X and 500L vehicles.
With the Pacifica’s class-exclusive Uconnect Theater rear-seat entertainment system, passengers can watch movies, play built-in games and connect personal devices to surf the Internet via two high-definition 10-inch touchscreens. Passengers can select from a variety of devices to connect to Uconnect Theater, including smartphones, tablets and gaming devices, via USB and HDMI ports. For supported Android devices, content can now be streamed wirelessly to the Uconnect Theater screens.
An included trial of AT&T Wi-Fi is available on properly equipped vehicles.
An included trial of SiriusXM Guardian connected services also is available on properly equipped vehicles. These real-time services include a monthly vehicle health report, vehicle health alert, a smartphone app that enables owners to remotely lock, unlock or start their vehicle, locate their vehicle and more, and SOS Call and Assist Buttons on the rearview mirror, which will connect vehicle owners to help at the push of a button.
SiriusXM Guardian Connected Services
SiriusXM Guardian delivers advanced in-vehicle connectivity and useful apps for drivers and passengers.
Features and services include:
- The vehicle can be started from virtually anywhere, allowing owners to remotely lock, unlock doors or start their vehicles via the web or a smartphone app
- In the event of a minor collision, medical or other emergency, the occupant can press the SOS button located on the rearview mirror to be connected to a trained call center agent who can send emergency assistance to the vehicle’s location
- Should the vehicle run out of fuel, get a flat tire or need a tow, pushing the Assist button can pinpoint vehicle location, sending help as quickly as possible
- Use the SiriusXM Guardian smartphone app to easily search, map and send locations directly to the vehicle’s Uconnect Navigation system
The Pacifica Hybrid takes this revolutionary vehicle a step further with its class-exclusive, innovative hybrid powertrain. The Pacifica is the first electrified vehicle in the minivan segment and achieves 84 miles per gallon equivalent (MPGe) in electric-only mode and 33 miles of all-electric range.
Launched in 2003, Uconnect systems are FCA’s in-vehicle connectivity centers, designed to keep consumers connected, entertained and, most importantly, focused on the road.