With Control Center 7.0 provides this flexibility by being the first IoT platform to offer:
- A new tier of the platform – Control Center Advanced – caters to customers with more sophisticated deployments that need greater capabilities, including advanced security solutions, automation and analytics.
- The introduction of our first two Premium Services, compatible with Control Center, enables customers to solve for previously unmet IoT business needs. The Threat Protection & Smart Security (TPSS) service provides an IoT-specific solution to protect against malware and other cybersecurity threats, and is built on Cisco Umbrella. The second service, Traffic Segmentation, provides a new solution to support different types of revenue generation models. Cisco Jasper service providers can customize Premium Services to meet their customers’ specific needs.
- Control Center 7.0 extends the platform’s capabilities – including the platform’s global reach and scale via support for cellular networks – to low power devices via support for multiple LPWAN technologies, including NB-IoT and LTE-M.
- AT&T, a Cisco Jasper service provider, is integrating these additional capabilities to meet IoT needs for a broad range of industries. The platform will be called AT&T Control Center – Advanced, and will be paired with additional premium services.
Control Center 7.0 is the first version of the IoT platform to integrate multiple Cisco technologies, delivering on the promise made at the time of Jasper’s acquisition to combine the power of Cisco’s portfolio with the world’s leading IoT connectivity management platform. As a result, Control Center 7.0 solves the biggest challenges companies currently face in IoT with:
- Multi-layered security controls including closed user groups, two-factor authentication, whitelisting capabilities and more to identify and solve known issues.
- Integration with Cisco Spark™ gives users the ability to easily collaborate on issues with connected devices, enabling them to lower resolution time and manage costs.
- New reports on historical trends of device behavior and usage enable users to take action on issues that impact performance, costs and security.
- Control Center 7.0 is the first commercially available IoT platform that supports the management of IoT devices across cellular, NB-IoT and LTE-M networks to accommodate a wide range of use cases.
With Control Center 7.0, Cisco Jasper has created a single, integrated solution to address the needs of both Information Technology (IT) and Operational Technology (OT) professionals. Previously, Control Center – which automates and manages connectivity of devices on cellular networks globally – was a standalone offering. Today, Control Center 7.0 is yet another proof point of Cisco’s leading innovation in IoT solutions, and is now compatible with Cisco’s broader IoT Operations Platform, which integrates Connection Management, Data Delivery and Fog Computing for a complete end-to-end solution. And this complements the Cisco DNA offerings, which are delivering the next generation of networks to provide new levels of security, analytics and automation to enable exciting new IoT, cloud and mobile experiences. As a result, customers in any industry can now manage IoT from the edge to the cloud.
Cisco Jasper Control Center 7.0 is available now. Cisco bought Jasper in 2016 for $1.4 billion.
In 2014 AT&T reported that Jasper Wireless powered AT&T Drive, a first of its kind modular, global automotive platform for developing LTE connected car services.
Jasper Connected Car Cloud powers AT&T experiences inside the vehicles. Jasper Connected Car Cloud, exclusive to AT&T in the United States including:
- AT&T Control Center – the world’s leading connected device platform, built expressly for enterprises managing IoT services, providing operational automation, real-time diagnostics and innovative rate plan management
- Global SIM – the first end-to-end solution enabling manufacturers to manage a single SIM, while maintaining local service from local operators
- Split Billing – enabling highly differentiated service business models by deploying different services with different policies, rating and billing models all through a single SIM and modem inside the vehicle
- Automated Lifecycle Management – managing services, policies and rate plans for all product lifecycle stages from manufacturing to dealer sales to resale and vehicle destruction.