Kia is offering a new luxury suite of features for its UVO infotainment and telematics system, called UVO Luxury Services. Only available on the 2016 K900, UVO Luxury Services require registration on the myuvo.com web portal before using the iPhone or Android smartphone apps. Connectivity is powered by 4G LTE from Verizon Wireless and is free of charge for five years.
The apps enable remote functions and My Car Zone features, which includes curfew and speed alerts and Geofence settings as well as Local Search powered by Google. Also included is an embedded Google Local Search that enables users to search for POIs utilizing voice recognition technology.
- Remote commands include lock or unlock your car, start or stop the engine, or set your climate temperature.
- Vehicle Status allows app users to view real time information about the vehicle’s doors status (lock/unlock) and climate control.
- Dealer Reservation allows owner to schedule an appointment with a preferred dealer when critical errors are reported by the car.
- Find my Car shows the driver the location of the Kia.
- Roadside Assist initiates contact via Kia Roadside Assistance Program with just one click.
- My Car Zone Alerts allows user to set up Speed Limit alerts, Geofence and Curfew alerts and venotified when alerts are triggered.
- Maintenance schedule, allows owners to schedule maintenance and then check them off once completed
The UVO Luxury Services app can be downloaded for free from iTunes or GooglePlay via the Kia App store, and the myuvo.com web portal. To use UVO Luxury Services you will need 2016 or later Kia K900 vehicle and a MyUVO.com account to work.
UVO Luxury Services is an enhanced telematics suite that offers a number of maintenance and infotainment functions, including 911 Connect, enhanced Roadside Assist, Automatic Diagnostics, Manual Diagnostics, Scheduled Diagnostics, Driving Information, Car Care Web, Vehicle Maintenance, and eServices Guide, many of which are run through the owner’s Smartphone equipped with the UVO Luxury Services app.
Available at no cost for the first five years of ownership with no subscription necessary, UVO Luxury Services utilizes an embedded connectivity solution powered by the Verizon network and an integral smartphone app to provide K900 owners with an innovative, real-time, in-vehicle connectivity experience.