Visteon will demonstrate vehicle cockpit electronics products and technology for connected driving at CES.
Interactive displays and vehicles will showcase Visteon’s expertise in instrument clusters, head-up displays, information displays, infotainment, connected audio, and connectivity and telematics. Visteon’s exhibit will be in the Central Plaza (CP20) at the Las Vegas Convention Center.
Advanced concepts will be spotlighted through an interactive vehicle cockpit simulator and two vehicles at Visteon’s exhibit. In the cockpit simulator, the latest Visteon human-machine interaction (HMI) input technologies come together to deliver a unique user experience through predictive options based on contextual and historical user data. One vehicle will feature 3-D gesture technology for driver information and infotainment systems that can reduce driver distraction and enhance the user experience. The other vehicle will have a windshield head-up display, with an extra-large, high-resolution screen capable of delivering contextual information to the driver without being prompted for it.
Highlights of Visteon’s core product lines at CES will include:
- Instrument clusters – Larger, higher-resolution displays, migrating toward 3-D graphics, are the new norm – and Visteon will showcase advanced clusters that provide driver information for all vehicle segments, including high-end, fully reconfigurable clusters.
- Head-up displays – Visteon will display multiple HUD applications, including four levels of combiner HUD products that bring head-up technology to mass-market vehicles.
- Information displays – Automotive-ready concepts on display will incorporate the consumer appeal of sleek design, craftsmanship and touch capability while utilizing the latest in display technology – including curved lenses optically bonded with formable touch sensors and flexible displays.
- Infotainment – Based on Open Standards technology, Visteon infotainment systems provide embedded content, a driver-centric user interface and enhanced cyber security.
- Connected audio – Visteon’s OpenAir audio products combine smartphone and wearable content with an intuitive interface for a superior listening experience.
- Connectivity and telematics – Visteon will highlight global solutions designed to provide safe, seamless connectivity in and around the vehicle – keeping it up to date with the next generation of technology and services.
In addition to the latest technology in its core product lines, Visteon will showcase SmartCore, a security-focused approach to cockpit module consolidation that addresses the increasing complexity of cockpit electronics to improve the driving experience. The SmartCore technology on display at CES will integrate the latest infotainment, instrument clusters, head-up displays (HUD) and advanced driver assistance system (ADAS) domains.
Visteon product experts will be available throughout CES to discuss topics such as what’s next on the technology readiness roadmap to autonomous driving.
This will be Visteon’s 17th year as an exhibitor at The International CES (Consumer Electronics Show®) – one of the longest-running participation levels of any automotive company.