The 2016 Hyundai Elantra GT will have many advanced technology features and telematics services available. New features include a new AVN technology package that offers the same screen and most of the same software as the Hyundai Sonata (although the Sonata has CarPlay and there is no CarPlay Elantra announcement, yet). There are also new “cool” cooling/heating features.
Cooling Heating and Device Charging
New features for Hyundai Elantra include “available” ventilated front seats (a segment first). . Everyone can be at the right temperatures with dual climate control and a12 volt outlet is located in cargo area for charging more devices.
Tech Package Like Sonata
The Elantra GT with the Tech Package offers Hyundai’s next-generation AVN 4.0 navigation system, found in the Genesis and Sonata. The 7-inch screen features HD radio technology with multicasting, SiriusXM Travel Link , SiriusXM Traffic and apps such as Pandora.
iPhone users can activate Siri “Eyes Free” integration with a long-press of the voice command button on the steering wheel. A split-screen allows map and music information to be displayed at the same time.
The system also supports the latest SiriusXM features, including the recording of SiriusXM presets for rewinding up to 22 minutes of live radio to listen to later. SiriusXM Travel Link provides access to traffic information, sports scores, weather, stock prices, fuel prices and local movie times.
Also available for the 2016 Elantra is the next-generation Blue Link system with new connectivity features such as Remote Start with Climate Control and Destination Search Powered by Google is available for those who opt for the Tech Package that comes with one year of Blue Link Connected Care with Automatic Collision Notification, SOS Emergency Assistance, Enhanced Roadside Assistance, monthly vehicle health reporting and maintenance alerts.
Blue Link features will be accessible via a smartwatch app in the future.
Blue Link is offered in three service packages: Connected Care, Remote and Guidance each cost $99 a year.
Connected Care package (complimentary for 1-year) $99-a-year thereafter.
- Automatic Collision Notification (ACN) and Assistance.
- SOS Emergency Assistance.
- Enhanced Roadside Assistance.
- Monthly Vehicle Health Report.
- Maintenance Alerts.
- Automated Diagnostic Trouble Code Notification (DTC).
- Recall Advisor.
- Service Link.
- Blue Link App (smartphone).
- On-Demand Diagnostics (Next Gen. Blue Link Elantra GTs only).
- Driving Information (Next Gen. Blue Link Elantra GTs only).
- In-Vehicle Car Care (Next Gen. Blue Link Elantra GTs only).
- Recall and Maintenance info.
- App Store Access (In-vehicle and Web).
Remote Package (Blue Link Subscription Required ( Month complimentary package.) $99-a-year thereafter.
- Remote Start with Climate Control.
- Remote Door Lock/Unlock.
- Remote Horn and Lights.
- Car Finder via Mobile App.
- Stolen Vehicle Recovery/Slowdown/Immobilization.
- Geo-Fence (Delayed availability for Next Gen. Blue Link Elantra GTs).
- Valet Alert (Delayed availability for Next Gen. Blue Link Elantra GTs).
- Speed Alert (Delayed availability for Next Gen. Blue Link Elantra GTs).
- Curfew Alert.
- Panic Notification.
- Alarm Notification.
Guidance package $99 a year.
- Destination search powered by Google (Navigation equipped Elantra GTs only).
- Destination Send-to-Car by Google.
- POI Web Search and Download.
- Turn-by-Turn Navigation (Non-Navigation equipped Elantra GTs only).